Enclosed Trailer Recommendations

mking7

Knows what a fatty is.
I am thinking of moving to an enclosed trailer and have a pretty specific list of options I want. Anybody suggest a good place to work with? The local place I tried and one place out of state seemed to be more interested in selling you what they have on the lot and I'm not looking to deal with anyone like that. I know what I want for the most part and I definitely know some things I don't want.

Any recommendations? Feel free to pm if you have places to avoid and don't want it out in the open.

Thanks.

you could try complete trailers in Colorado they seem willing to please by their videos on ebay unfortunately to far for me to travel but closer for you

I am thinking of moving to an enclosed trailer and have a pretty specific list of options I want. Anybody suggest a good place to work with? The local place I tried and one place out of state seemed to be more interested in selling you what they have on the lot and I'm not looking to deal with anyone like that. I know what I want for the most part and I definitely know some things I don't want.

Any recommendations? Feel free to pm if you have places to avoid and don't want it out in the open.

Thanks.

Maybe talk a little bit about the type of trailer you want, might help with getting suggestions/recommendations from people who have gotten similar setups.

Maybe talk a little bit about the type of trailer you want, might help with getting suggestions/recommendations from people who have gotten similar setups.

Good point. Not looking for anything fully rigged but have some specific things I want that I don't find on the lots. I don't want (or can't afford) one of the fancy ones like Extreme builds. Looking for an 8.5x24 with rear ramp and some or all of the following. I want to rig it out inside over time as I decide what works for me and what doesn't.

The race trailers are closest to what I want that I've found but don't want the dovetail.

8.5x24​
Insulated walls and ceiling​
Interior generator box with vented door​
RV Door with Screen Door​
Extra Height (unsure of base height for your trailers, need 6'10" interior height or more)​
White aluminum walls and ceiling​
At least 4x110 outlets inside​
2x110 outlets outside​
6x Floor D-Rings​
6x Wall D-Rings​
2x 30x30 Tinted Sliding Window w/screen (size doesn't have to be exactly that)​
Awning​
Rear Stabilizer Jacks​
V Nose​
Passenger side halogen work/flood lights on exterior​
either A/C or wired and braced for A/C​

Good point. Not looking for anything fully rigged but have some specific things I want that I don't find on the lots. I don't want (or can't afford) one of the fancy ones like Extreme builds. Looking for an 8.5x24 with rear ramp and some or all of the following. I want to rig it out inside over time as I decide what works for me and what doesn't.

The race trailers are closest to what I want that I've found but don't want the dovetail.

8.5x24​
Insulated walls and ceiling​
Interior generator box with vented door​
RV Door with Screen Door​
Extra Height (unsure of base height for your trailers, need 6'10" interior height or more)​
White aluminum walls and ceiling​
At least 4x110 outlets inside​
2x110 outlets outside​
6x Floor D-Rings​
6x Wall D-Rings​
2x 30x30 Tinted Sliding Window w/screen (size doesn't have to be exactly that)​
Awning​
Rear Stabilizer Jacks​
V Nose​
Passenger side halogen work/flood lights on exterior​
either A/C or wired and braced for A/C​

Ah, gotcha, you aren't really looking for anything crazy, those are routine options with most manufacturers. I'd take a look at ATC's site, http://www.aluminumtrailer.com (they make steel trailers too). Then find an ATC dealer in your area if possible who can order it up how you want it.

I have a Wells Cargo that is built in Waco. I like it and it seems to be good quality so you might check on one of these.

Thanks.
check your pm.

We just got back from picking up our trailer today. Ordered it from WOWcargo trailers in Georgia. But they subbed it out to South Georgia Cargo in Pearson, GA. Not the best quality, but we will see what the future holds. We ordered with 50amp panel, 2 outlets, 2 4ft lights inside, 13,500BTU AC with heat, unfinished inside floors, unfinished ceiling, 22' overall, 14' enclosed and 8' porch with ATP, and RV type doors on side and back, and 2 12volt lights.

Overall, seems pretty good, but time will tell.

There are a bunch of trailer dealers in Georgia and probably only 4-5 actual manufactures. South Georgia is one of the actual builders as there were a bunch of the trailers on their lot with stickers for other dealers on them.

wallace

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
South Georgia Cargo is a reseller of Freedom Trailers, who manufactured the trailer pictured above.

If you want a Freedom, I suggest getting a quote from Scott Smith of QSB Trailer Sales in the metro Atlanta area. Scott is a BBQ guy who specs trailers for BBQ guys. His prices typically beat anything you'll see online. I didn't buy my Freedom from Scott, but I wish I had - I would have saved several hundred bucks!

I bought my trailer from WOW cargo too but I have a Diamond Cargo 8.5x16 v-nose. I picked it up at the Diamond factory. Great people there. I have had a few issues with the trailer and they have let me get them fixed locally and then reimbursed me. Now I called WOW with the problems and I am still waiting on a call back. That was 2 weeks ago. I won't buy from WOW again but I would buy from Diamond again. Just my 2 cents.

South Georgia Cargo is a reseller of Freedom Trailers, who manufactured the trailer pictured above.

If you want a Freedom, I suggest getting a quote from Scott Smith of QSB Trailer Sales in the metro Atlanta area. Scott is a BBQ guy who specs trailers for BBQ guys. His prices typically beat anything you'll see online. I didn't buy my Freedom from Scott, but I wish I had - I would have saved several hundred bucks!

I am not so sure about that. I picked up the trailer from the South Georgia location. The building behind the trailer in the picture is where they build them. I walked inside and saw many other trailers in various stages of being built; from ground up. Some of the paint on mine was still wet. If Freedom did build any part of it, I would be surprised.

I know they are a reseller for Freedom, but they do build their own there as well.

The reason I went with WOW is they worked with me on payment of the trailer.

And yes, it is kinda squirrelly working with WOW, and what ever you do, make sure you get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in writing before any money is exchanged. But not getting any return calls from the people you paid the money to, that is not good! I have Matt's cell number if you want, and don't forget they are owned by Woody Butts Chevrolet.

All things considered, we are happy, so far...............

wallace

what are you going to be pulling it with?

If you are referring to my trailer and post, I have a Chevy Silverado 1500, extended cab, 4x4. It pulls the trailer with no problem. I will have weight distribution system and anti sway installed, soon. It really does help.

We have been towing a 28' travel trailer for the past 5 years and it is about 3,000lbs heavier; no problem there.

Now, going up hills, yes it does slow down, but when I am towing, I am not in any hurry.

wallace

I'm on my second Wells Cargo and would buy a third when the time comes. The factories will build exactly what you want, you just have to find a dealer that gives a **** (doodoo). I actually bought my second one from the same dealer in Illinois even though I'd moved to Florida because I knew he'd make them get it right. I worked the trip in to something else and was happy I did.

I don't have his cell number and really don't want it. The folks at Diamond are doing what they can to fix things. I am very impressed with them. I live in Northern KY and they are paying for all my repairs at an RV repair facility up here. I love the trailer and think that when we get it done, it will serve us well. We hope to have all the mods done by June when it will make its first comp trip to Sam's in Lexington, KY

I am not so sure about that. I picked up the trailer from the South Georgia location. The building behind the trailer in the picture is where they build them...

Did you pick up in Willacoochee, GA? That's the Freedom plant.

It's confusing for sure. As has been mentioned, there are about 100 different company names out there for supposed trailer makers in South Georgia, but in truth only a handful of plants actually building them (and slapping on the appropriate stickers).

Whatever it takes to turn a buck down there - the economics of South Georgia doesn't offer folks a lot of options for making a living.

Did you pick up in Willacoochee, GA? That's the Freedom plant.

It's confusing for sure. As has been mentioned, there are about 100 different company names out there for supposed trailer makers in South Georgia, but in truth only a handful of plants actually building them (and slapping on the appropriate stickers).

Whatever it takes to turn a buck down there - the economics of South Georgia doesn't offer folks a lot of options for making a living.

No, picked it up in Pearson, GA. It was at the plant. He (Greg) had a bunch of trailers in the parking lot. Some had WOW stickers, some had South Georgia stickers, and there were a couple of other stickers but I don't remember what they were.

When I walked in the warehouse, there were probably about 25 people in there working on trailers from ground up. Stacks of plywood, sheet metal rolls, tubing, etc...

Trust me, it was where my trailer was made.

Some of the weld spots could be better and I will have those corrected up here; no biggie.

It is not a Wells Cargo by any means as I have looked at those and they are in the upper class. But, I couldn't afford more at this time. I hope to be successful and make some bucks catering, comps, whatever. And one day, move on up to the east side. :thumb:

Also, we went past the LANG BBQ Smoker place on US Hwy 82 as we drove down I-95. Stayed in Brunswick. I got pulled over for flicking my cigarette butt out the window (embarrassed) which I don't normally do, but, I was about to miss the turn into the hotel. Didn't get a ticket. First time I have been pulled over in about 30 years.

wallace

Last edited:
Back