Do i need BBQ grill mat?

T

tonylii

As a BBQ lovers, i need to buy some grill mats, should i buy at Amazon? http://amzn.to/2xEpkDD Or should I go to my local Wal-Mart to buy?
Sorry, my home away from the nearest Wal-Mart need to drive 30 minutes, which is what I hate.

f you want the absolute best, in my opinion, go to Lone Star Grills. Check them out in the accessory page on the website. They will cost you a little more due to shipping costs from but.....

The underside has ridges that allow the mat to breath. Prevents mold buildup which can happen on many types of surfaces.

f you want the absolute best, in my opinion, go to Lone Star Grills. Check them out in the accessory page on the website. They will cost you a little more due to shipping costs from but.....

The underside has ridges that allow the mat to breath. Prevents mold buildup which can happen on many types of surfaces.

Thank you very much for your advice. But it is expensive and I need to think about it. Because on Amazon, I only need to spend $15.99, you can get 5pcs/set. This is undoubtedly my heart.

I have some mats similar to that and don't like them because they retain all the fluids on top of the mat, I prefer these screen type mats. I'f you want to use amazon checkout Frogmats. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=frog+mats&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afrog+mats[/ame].

Like Springram, when I saw Grill Mat I thought you were talking about something to go between your patio/deck and your cooker. The link was to cooking mats. I'm perfectly happy with aluminum foil and disposable pans.

Gimmick. Not sure why people want to use these. Get one of these if you are doing veggies or what not:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Broil-King-69712-Grill-Topper/dp/B005NNZG7Q/ref=sr_1_66?ie=UTF8&qid=1500560620&sr=8-66&keywords=broil+king[/ame]

All these do is give you something akin to a skillet with no rim. You probably already own a skillet.

I used one in Florida at my in law's place. Their beach house had a very questionable grill that looks like it sat outside for 30 years. It's a step above a George Foreman grill.

I still don't see the point of these mats.

They provide an open area upon which you can cook things that tend to fall through the grate. I don't use mine very often, but when I do, they beat using punctured foil or other workarounds, since you can use a spatula on them, if needed.

every buddy,
I have received the grill mat I was buying from [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Grill-grill-clean-Nonstick-cooking/dp/B073QMY92W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500470998&sr=8-1&keywords=B073QMY92W[/ame] , it was great, $ 15.99 spent on the value and I got 5pcs, the quality was fine and I thought the purchase was worth it At the same time, thank you for your suggestions!
There are good things still worth sharing
Best blessing!
Tony

So what are these things made of? To tell the truth, I dont like to cook on plasticky stuff that can potentially leech into food. Iron, carbon from pans can leech onto food from the heat, but that stuff is already part of our bodies.

So what are these things made of? To tell the truth, I dont like to cook on plasticky stuff that can potentially leech into food. Iron, carbon from pans can leech onto food from the heat, but that stuff is already part of our bodies.

I've already taken pictures, but I don't know how to upload them to the forums Everybody, have a look

For the absolute life of me, I just can't see the need for these grill mats. I've been doing BBQ for decades and can never remember a time when I would have ever used one, much less 5! I've used grill pans and cast iron and just can never see why these things sell. Just my opinion.

They provide an open area upon which you can cook things that tend to fall through the grate. I don't use mine very often, but when I do, they beat using punctured foil or other workarounds, since you can use a spatula on them, if needed.
It's not grilling, for sure. Why not just use foil? Or one of those grilled vegetable baskets they sell at every big box store?

It's not grilling, for sure. Why not just use foil? Or one of those grilled vegetable baskets they sell at every big box store?

Foil tends to break with a touch of your cooking utensil. And sticks to things. Grill mats are good for putting on crappy grates. Works as designed, but a unitasker.

For the absolute life of me, I just can't see the need for these grill mats. I've been doing BBQ for decades and can never remember a time when I would have ever used one, much less 5! I've used grill pans and cast iron and just can never see why these things sell. Just my opinion.

maybe you are right!

Back