food for the grand opening pron

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
grandopeningcookhome001-1.jpg
today is our opening for the moto-x track bbq & concessions. this is just some of the food. butts,ribs,& brisky.
grandopeningcookhome007.jpg

grandopeningcookhome008.jpg

grandopeningcookhome009.jpg

grandopeningcookhome010.jpg

grandopeningcookhome011.jpg

grandopeningcookhome012.jpg

grandopeningcookhome013.jpg

grandopeningcookhome014.jpg

more pix later if i survive the day....

Very nice! I'll take some of that brisket for breakfast, please. Good luck today.

Your customers are gonna be coming back again and again from the looks of that....I'd hit every bit of it...

Best Wishes:!:

I would visit just for the food, if I could :-D.

Yup, very nice looking food indeed.
I like the knife a lot too.:mrgreen:

i didn't get pix of everything. between the heat & little rushes it was a long day & evening but here goes.
we did sell a lot of pulled pork & chopped brisket sammies but due to the heat it was a lot of tea,lemonade,burgers,nachos,& ice cream.
the ems &life flight guys all love me & had bbq plates(free of course),& we didn't sell 1 rib until the end.
this is about the prettiest chix i've done w/ perfect skin(kcbs time) but it just didn't sell.next time i'll put pix of the bbq plates in the windows.
chix,chix & brisket, the biz all set up,and of course Aimee.
openingday005.jpg

openingday006.jpg

openingday007.jpg

openingday008.jpg

openingday009.jpg

openingday001-1.jpg

openingday002.jpg

openingday003.jpg

openingday004.jpg

Might try the ol sample route. When someone orders some non que offer a sample of BBQ. Always ask "would you like to add a rib with that?". Figure you a price per rib and Upsell. McDonalds always ask if you want fries and a drink or if you want to make it a combo. Keep it up and word will spread.

Might try the ol sample route. When someone orders some non que offer a sample of BBQ. Always ask "would you like to add a rib with that?". Figure you a price per rib and Upsell. McDonalds always ask if you want fries and a drink or if you want to make it a combo. Keep it up and word will spread.
thats what i got planned. the point of the ribs,brisket ends, & definitely pron of my plates right beside the menu. but now they know us so it'll get better. also the wind could blow in the right direction lol. everything was upwind of the smokers yesterday.

What type of crowds do they get at the location?

Can't remember if you offer hot dogs and links. Can be good money makers, and can be grilled/smoked quickly. Smoke or grill the dogs, then just keep warm.

yeah i do black angus burgers & dogs. it was just really hot this wkend & the fact that the county fair & city festival were on the opposite end of town this year may have hurt.

we got some locals & mostly the moto-x crowd but i'm ramping up the tv & radio ads this week.

all in all i'm glad it wasn't slammed the first day. it was a good dry run to get used to the layout of the place & see what i need to do for "flow" in the kitchen.

Back