THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am so jealous right now. $10 is less than half of what I pay for WGC. I keep WGC on hand, but only use it for special cooks. Simple stuff like burgers either get Lazzari, Kingsford Comp, Stubbs or whatever I found on special.

I assume those bags are around 20 lbs each?

22# bags

Thanks savageford. And thanks for the original tip! I've already called my local OSJL and unless your open bag is a disaster I'll be picking up multiple bags tonight.

Which OSJL did you goto, one in Westfield?? I gotta check the Palmer one before Fatback Joe clears it out. And today of all days i bring my motorcycle to work. Crap!!! There better some left tomorrow.

If you guys clear out my local OSJL before I get there I will be very angry! I might even shake a fist at you!

$10 at Ocean State Job Lot

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I checked with my local ACE today. No luck. $19 per bag.

It was worth a shot, though.

Has anyone opened up a bag from OSJL? Is there any chance these are "seconds" with lower quality than usual?

I bought one bag to try at my local store. This charcoal is in a paper bag, the last WG I bought was in a Tyvek bag, but that was last year so I have no idea which is the newer packaging. The bags at my store look like they had been crumpled a bit and felt like there was a lot of small pieces in there, but it is hard to tell without opening it. That is the only reason I didn't buy more. I am going to open it up soon and dump it out to look. The WG I have bought in the past has big pieces and very little of the fine chips and dust. I would be happy if this is medium sized chunks. My only fear is to buy a bunch of it and find bags that have been crushed and loaded with small pieces and dust. For some reason I think that Ocean State buys closeouts, etc, but I may be wrong. I know that even if you buy a pallet from WG and pick it up yourself it still not close to $10 bag.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :mrgreen:

PS my wife thought I was crazy when I dumped out the bag and started taking pictures. Here is what was left after I piked out the decent stuff.

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

I have not bought much lump was this worth it?

Back