Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BrickStreet BBQ - Marietta, OH June 10-11, 2011

I'll make sure this Friday, but generally.. We get the lot after 5 on Thursday.. so we should be able to park in there Thursday evening. Not sure when water and electricity will be on. Should be some time Thursday.
I'll get back with you on Thursday arrangements.

We're revamping the layout. All but a very few will be in the main lot. Extremely large RVs might be parked on the street just in front of the lot. But we should have room for everybody in the main lot this year.

We're bringing our new toy this year, put us on an end please....

Attachments

• 3-Eyz BBQ War Wagon.jpg
    3-Eyz BBQ War Wagon.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 75
I was informed by the bosses wife That if I miss Marietta that the Jambo will be repo'ed....so I am in like flynne

Yup. Thursday arrival is fine. We'll have the lot after 6pm. Might want to call or email the office and let Becky know you are coming early. I know I'll be rolling into my spot that evening.

Per the brickstreetbbq.com website, the sign up period has been extended to May 31st.
We are currently a few teams short of the minimum 25 teams requirement for a State Championship. If you are planning on signing up, please let the office know. And if you know a team that is on the fence, give them a push.
It takes 25 teams for the State Championship to count and it really takes 40 teams or so for the organization to be able to afford the $10,000 prize pool.

I expected the Sams Club events to bite into the local contests and this may be an example.
Without team participation to cover most of the prize pool, this event and others may see a decrease in prize pools.

Per the brickstreetbbq.com website, the sign up period has been extended to May 31st.
We are currently a few teams short of the minimum 25 teams requirement for a State Championship. If you are planning on signing up, please let the office know. And if you know a team that is on the fence, give them a push.
It takes 25 teams for the State Championship to count and it really takes 40 teams or so for the organization to be able to afford the $10,000 prize pool.

I expected the Sams Club events to bite into the local contests and this may be an example.
Without team participation to cover most of the prize pool, this event and others may see a decrease in prize pools.

Our app should be going in the mail this week - we will be there for sure!

Just curious...if they are short on teams, why have a deadline at all??

The deadline is meant to get teams to get their apps in early so the organizers can plan out the best lot layout and make sure they have adequate infrastructure in place. I'm sure the deadline will be as flexible as it needs to be to allow all to participate (up to 50 teams). But, things like power, water, and the right number of judges are much easier to obtain if the organizers know a couple of weeks in advance who all is coming.

Unfortunately RSS BBQ will be at the Sams club event in T.C. that weekend.
Sure will miss that 90 degree weather with 125% humidity. :thumb:

Our plan is to be there. We are working out a few logistical details as we also have a contest in Florida that weekend so trying to make sure we have both events covered before we send off the registration.

Unfortunately RSS BBQ will be at the Sams club event in T.C. that weekend.
Sure will miss that 90 degree weather with 125% humidity. :thumb:

I figured you guys would be up there.. Good Luck!!
Although.. with our weather the way it's been this year, I'm expecting more like 65 degrees :shocked:

Back