O......M........G........

edit_preview.php

Zombie Sammich.

When it comes to street food in the city of Torrance you don't need to look any farther then the Farmers Market. There you will find many vendors with many different types of food to try. One that stands out in the crowed is Bigmister BBQ. I was there a couple of weeks ago and bought a brisket sandwich. :-D
I took a photo of it with my old phone so the photo sucks but one thing I can tell you is that this baby did not!

IMG_1787.jpg

So this is where my journey to cooking my first brisket begins. I decided to duplicate Bigmistas Brisket sandwich.

I picked up this brisket at Sams club and put it in my freezer.
IMG_0273.jpg

Pulled it out a couple days ago to thaw and when I opened it up to cook I realized that this was no ordinary piece of meat. What I had just might be a ZOMBIE HEAD! :icon_shy There was only one thing to do. TRY TO KILL THIS FARKER.

N8man & Gore, I might need you to take a closer look at this one.

IMG_0278.jpg

So the first thing I did was try to smother it with Bigmistas Bitchin Beef Rub.!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Then I smoked the hell out of this thing intel I got A good bark on it and put it in tinfoil with a little apple juice. I thought for sure that would kill it. Nope, I smoked it more. When I could poke at it with my new thermopan and the ZOMBIE HEAD did not put up a fight I figured I had finely killed it.

As you can see by the photo it was still barkin at me just a bit. :shocked:
IMG_0304.jpg

Next I sliced it up, thru it on a bun and pored Bigmistas Secret Sauce on it.
IMG_0169.jpg

Yep, I killed it! Money shot.
IMG_0322.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Some really fine street food rolling in now! Hopefully I can beat this evening's deadline...

Very nice brisky sandwich, you have the Bigmista crutch working for you there. :hungry:

Considering the condition of the zombie head when you started I'd say you hit it out of the neighborhood.

Let me show you (fire marshal Bill mod).

You will notice the long sad frown, the ear bitten off, the nose halfway eaten and the top of his head had been loped off (surly its brains had been eaten pre zombification). No doubt (no not the band) this transformation to zombie was brutal. You sir silverfinger, did the humane thing and smoked that farker. :thumb:

sadzombie.jpg

Very nice brisky sandwich, you have the Bigmista crutch working for you there. :hungry:

Considering the condition of the zombie head when you started I'd say you hit it out of the neighborhood.

Let me show you (fire marshal Bill mod).

You will notice the long sad frown, the ear bitten off, the nose halfway eaten and the top of his head had been loped off (surly its brains had been eaten pre zombification). No doubt (no not the band) this transformation to zombie was brutal. You sir silverfinger, did the humane thing and smoked that farker. :thumb:

sadzombie.jpg

Thats a good Marshal Bill. :heh:

I saw Him more like this. As you can see He still has them darn boogers hang-in out His nose. :laugh:

photocopy.jpg

Didn't noticed this throw down until today ... I ordered a satay grill last week from import foods like the street vendors in thailand use... But it wont be here til mid week...!

I see my zombie idea has been taken.:tsk: If I manage to make this today, it will truly be last minute. Plus, now I have to come up with a whole new idea.:doh:

Great cook Elrik! They sure look and sound tasty. Sorry to hear about the pics, but welcome to the wacky world of the Throwdowns. You'll have a blast. :becky:

Nice steet food, Elrik. :thumb:

The photos you did get certainly show what you did, and the description is complete, so I wouldn't worry too much about the plated shots.

Good entry!

CD

Venison Stew Pies

I loves me some fried meat pies. My cuz keeps us stocked up in venison and this time he gave us a few pounds of stew meat. Good timing since we were so ready for a good stew:thumb:.
Started out with 2.5 lbs cubed venison. Browned it up, added onions, garlic, beef stock, smoked salt, black pepper, oregano, and a bay leaf.
sf11.jpg
sf10.jpg

Cooked up in the DO
sf9.jpg

Added red skin potatoes and carrots around two hours in.
sf8.jpg

Added corn and shook together heavy cream and flour to thicken it up.
sf6.jpg

A taste test:-D
sf5.jpg

Took a pie iron and lined with pie dough and filled it up with stew.
sf4.jpg
sf3.jpg

Cooked over charcoal
sf2.jpg

The pie, not fried, but no complaints! Please use this shot, and thanks for looking!
sf1.jpg

Back