Tiny Packer Brisket at Sam's

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just saw this in Sam's dont know if I have ever seen one this small.

uploadfromtaptalk1310335336717.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1310335379405.jpg

They actually had a couple of flats that were a little bigger. The other two in the case weren't much bigger.

Maybe it was a midget cow.:behindsofa:

I did notice the label says select. I can get choice packers for less $ than that price. $1.78/lb @ wallyworld for choice, $1.98/lb @ HEB for choice (A bit harder to find).

About 3 out of 4 times I visit wallyworld, they have choice packers for the price of select. HEB, it's about 1 out of 5 times, they'll have the same Excel choice packers for the slightly higher price.

I thought Sam's only sold choice and above meats anyways. The label definitely says select, but is there a "choice" stamp on the bottom of the cryovac?

I had a guy bring a 7.7# packer to me yesterday. Only they charged $35.73 for it, before tax. $4.64 a pound for mostly fat. And they won't take it back. Not a good store. Steve.

Maybe it was a midget cow.:behindsofa:

I did notice the label says select. I can get choice packers for less $ than that price. $1.78/lb @ wallyworld for choice, $1.98/lb @ HEB for choice (A bit harder to find).

About 3 out of 4 times I visit wallyworld, they have choice packers for the price of select. HEB, it's about 1 out of 5 times, they'll have the same Excel choice packers for the slightly higher price.

I thought Sam's only sold choice and above meats anyways. The label definitely says select, but is there a "choice" stamp on the bottom of the cryovac?

Didn't notice if the cryo was stamped but it has been a while since I have found choice packers at our Sam's. The flats are choice though.

I saw a packer that was just a little over 6 pounds at Wal-Mart this past Thursday. It was comical looking. Cost was about $14.

Paul

I just ate one of those tiny packers, and paid the $3.96# price of a flat. Mine was 6.25#.

That is tiny! Might be the smallest I've ever seen too. I saw a small one at Sam's a few years ago but can't remember how big it was. Did you buy it?

That is tiny! Might be the smallest I've ever seen too. I saw a small one at Sam's a few years ago but can't remember how big it was. Did you buy it?

I wanted to buy the one I saw, but I already have 4 packers in my freezer.

Back