Sunday Night ABT Pron

Trucky1008

is Blowin Smoke!
Hadn't made any ABT's before so I thought I'd give them a go-around. I went simple for my first try using just cream cheese and 4-blend Mexican cheese, then wrapped in bacon. 2 hours at 250 and their done! Nice little treat to go along with our carry-out pizza. Next time I'll step it up a notch and add more ingredients. Thanks for looking. Don

2771874455_c12c371fea_o.jpg

2771874397_e387c1dab0_o.jpg

looks great...possibility of ingredients in the cheese is endless...I also like to give the bacon a good dusting of rub before I throw em on

As a professional psychiactric care physician, I have one question: How does it make you feeeell.

I like the idea of dusting the bacon with rub. It's only been a couple hours and I already want to make more of these bad boyz.

Those look great! Due to recent personal experience, I heartily suggest gloves, glasses, and a resperator..., well, at least the gloves!

nice first time, those look great! I like putting left over fatty in mine sometimes.

nice first time, those look great! I like putting left over fatty in mine sometimes.

or brisket...or chicky...or pulled pork...or .............:biggrin:.

You get the idea. Yeppers, now your hooked. I'll just bet that this won't be your last attempt, will it? :rolleyes:

Those look great! Due to recent personal experience, I heartily suggest gloves, glasses, and a resperator..., well, at least the gloves!
I could have used that advice a few hours ago, got a squirt of pepper juice in the eye....stinger for sure!

or brisket...or chicky...or pulled pork...or .............:biggrin:.

You get the idea. Yeppers, now your hooked. I'll just bet that this won't be your last attempt, will it? :rolleyes:
You're right there, I'm already planning my next batch. Anyone ever try crab meat in their ABT's? I make a roll-up that includes cream cheese and crab meat, thought it may work in an ABT as well.

"Joe's Crab Shack" does a Jalepeno Popper...Halved JAP's stuffed w/crab meat and they are purty durn good. So, add bacon, smoke, & it certainly cannot go bad...

....there's no turning back now......like fatties, ABT's always seem to make it on the smoker.....good job!

Back