Pork Shoulder on the WSM with Pron

sportsnut

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had a hankering for some pulled pork. Put the shoulder on the WSM with Apple wood at 10:30am and pulled it off at 7:30pm.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

That's a beautiful hunka pork! Nice job!!

Man that looks great! I just got a WSM this week and I'm planning on doing a pork shoulder for the 4th, now I've got some pictures to drool over until then.

Wow, that is one great looking piece of meat. Can I ask how much that sucker weighed in at and what did you rub on it? My mouth is watering...

Looks like it was cooked nekkid from here judging by the nice bark.

I like the meat tray too!

Looks Good!!! I too am curious; What temp? and Foil, no Foil? Im doing a 10 lb.er tomorrow first attempt at H & F. My S & L Butts are great Im just tired of staying up to babysit the smoker all night.

Wow, that is one great looking piece of meat. Can I ask how much that sucker weighed in at and what did you rub on it? My mouth is watering...

It was an 7 pounder and I used sea salt, crushed black pepper and a rub called "Pappy's" that I purchase at our local Winco market. I use the blue top Pappy's with low salt, the red top is very salty. I didn't wrap it before or after I pulled it off the smoker.

IMG_0400.jpg

Looks like it was cooked nekkid from here judging by the nice bark.

I like the meat tray too!

Lol, yeah that was the tray it was wrapped in. I got a bit carried away while unwrapping it...:icon_smile_tongue:

Looks Good!!! I too am curious; What temp? and Foil, no Foil? Im doing a 10 lb.er tomorrow first attempt at H & F. My S & L Butts are great Im just tired of staying up to babysit the smoker all night.

WSM ran at a constant 240* for 9hrs. No foil.

Back