Thread: Putting Green
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #21
Neal
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
How do you keep the parsley fresh and unwilted until turn-ins start? I suppose laying a couple damp paper towels on top would help, but is there a specific method?
We have put parsley boxes together as early 9 or 10pm the night before turn-in. Unless you have really bad parsley, it won't noticably wilt.

Just to put it in perspective...A buddy of ours gets his parsley direct from a wholesaler (not the grocery store). He got a whole case and used 1/4 to 1/3 of it for one contest and put the rest in his fridge. He used the parsley from the same case 2 weeks later and said that it actually looked better the second time around. Now I think he said he picks up his cases a week early and let's them sit in the fridge. Just think how long it has been sitting in the cooler at the grocery store before it comes out to the front of the store.

So letting it sit in a cool box over night isn't going to hurt much.
[URL="http://www.dodgecountysmokers.com"][SIZE=1][B][I]www.dodgecountysmokers.com[/I][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

[I][SIZE=1]Custom Built Cooker / [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Weber Kettle /[/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]old New Braunfels offset in the backyard[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/I]
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote