whatcha think about this smoker?

That is a oven, it uses gas. Please stop calling contraptions that use gas, smokers:twisted::biggrin:

I have one of those gas ovens that smoke food. I use it when I don't want to crank up the Bandera, UDS or off set.

I have a charcoal version of this.I use it at comps for chicken and beercan chick.Have firsts in both with it.Needs lots of attn but its not bad and its cheap.

William
Fl Cracker BBQ

I got one for a house warming gift, when I moved. Worked ok I guess. Than my gator was delivered. It's turned into a rusty yard ornament since. Would be a nice addition to any Fred Sanford collection.

Oh heck, get it if you want it. Don't let these guys scare you. I have used a gasser for quite some time. No shame here. It will produce some very good que. Smoke up with the gasser.....at home. But not at a comp.

I've got one of those too. And I agree with all the good stuff being said. I use it when I'm doing just a few fatties or armadillo eggs, or if I'm just too busy to babysit some thighs. I also like it for holding stuff at parties or events. You can put your PP in an aluminum pan, set the GOSM real low with a few chips in the pan and I actually think it improves the taste. Or it's also great for turkeys. Get the thing and use the heck out of it...

I've got the big block GOSM and I could feed you guys Q off of it and you wouldn't be able to tell it was done on a gasser, I garontee!!!

Yes it's a gasser, but it makes great Q. I would mod the stock wood box. A full wood box of pecan or whatever and it will smoke like nothing else and make some sweet blue and tasty Q.

I just bought the larger 'wide-body' version, haven't tried it yet. My plan is to put a charcoal basket in it and a nice stove gasket around the door and use it that way. Others have put a sidemount fire box on it. I figure I can maybe use the gas burner for starting my charcoal fires, or maybe if it ends up being late at night and I have the meat foiled, I may fire it up to finish the cook. You should buy it!

que

I love the que and haven't owned any type of smoker before. I am looking for a hobby to go along with football and the idea of setting it and forgetting about it is very attractive. I don't really know if I will actually use one of these thing so if I can get one super cheap I'll do that gas oven or not :p

Back