Suggestions for weekend smoke-fest

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK, the wife is going out of town Friday, and not returning until sometime Sunday. Normally this means a 2-day experiment extravaganza, but I am doing landscaping work so I will not have the time for the details in planning, prepping and executing a bunch of experiments. However, to not take advantage of this opportunity would be completely unacceptable.

I have a brisket and 2 butts thawing in the fridge. One of the butts will be used to make BBB, so I'm only cooking one brisket and one butt. I am itching to smoke a ham too for some reason, so I'm gogin to go pick up a smoked ham and smoke it again just to be sure. I figure fatties could add some zing to the festivities, etc, etc...

Then I thought I should ask the Brethren what I should cook this weekend. Brilliant! So, what do you guys recommend? Something that does not require a great deal of attention is good, because I will be digging, carrying big rock, planting trees, etc. Brisket, butt and ham definitely will be easy.

Armadillo Eggs to provide energy for all that work whilst you wait on the other stuff...

bigabyte, don't get me wrong, but it looks like you already have everything planned. Big rocks, trees and digging sounds like a plan. :-D:rolleyes::-D

Bacon wrapped stuffed porkloin.
Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken.
Bacon wrapped meatloaf.
Leg of lamb
Cabrito (side of baby goat)
Bison Brisket
Turkey breast
Beef ribs (cut at the butcher for meaty ribs)

First of all, wifey is gone, ergo yardwork should not be done:rolleyes:!

I saw Bobby Flay grill some wings yesterday-he BURNED them! But the "Buffalo" Sauce he made up looked really good, I am going to go grab the recipe, be right back (hold music).

Try This. It looked awfully good:
Chipotle Hot Sauce:
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 to 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper puree (depending on how spicy you like it)
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons ancho chile powder Whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, chipotle puree, honey, and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Melt butter in a large skillet or a large pot on the grates of the grill. Add the hot sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Whisk in the ancho chile powder and season with salt, to taste. Add the wings and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes

I don't know, but I think you should invite me over so I can partake in some of the activities...I'd be glad to watch the smoker and drink beer while you slave in your yard...:-D

OK, all my motivation for the landscaping is pretty much gone now! You guys rock!:biggrin:

OK, so far the "for sure" list is Booze, Brisket, Booze, Butt, Booze, Ham, Booze, Hot Wings, Booze, Chuckie, Booze, Fatty, Booze, Brats, Booze and Spam:shock:
The list of things I'm going to check on: Beer, Goat, Beer, and Beef Ribs.
The list of things that will require too much attention, brain power, time and/or hand-eye coordination for me to manage are: Water, ABT's, Soda, Prime Rib, Juice, Armadillo Eggs, Bacon Wrapped Bacon Stuffed Bacon.

Back