Rib's and a taste test

pwa

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We'll Sunday is rib Sunday at my BBQ shack and with comp season over time to start taste test and adjustment time. So decided I would test Big Rons against my go to rib rub see if it was any better. ( I was so impressed with his Hint of Houston for brisket figured I'd give his other rubs a shot.) Lord knows after this years scores I can't do much worse :(

Rack of spares cut in thirds and seasoned. Left to right.. Mine... Big Ron's Original.... and Big Ron's in house.

px0t.jpg

on smoker with the rest of the meat
87sn.jpg

Wrapped with brown sugar and agave

g30c.jpg

ready for taste test
9tc7.jpg

O figured I would include a pic of our racks ready to sell they are pretty :cool:
tjid.jpg

So after taste test got to say Ron's original is damn good on ribs... mine came a close second, but his original had a touch more sweet up front with the same heat at back end. Going to have to play around more with Ron's original but it may end up as my go to rib rub!

Okay last pic I promise.... I used 2 smokers for my old High School Senior Night football game. Yes we won like 64 to 0 even swapped JV team in at half time. Cooked a ton of butts, brisket and Thights

u284.jpg

Those ribs look outstanding!!!!
And thanks for the writeup, I'll have to try that rub

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Thanks for sharing your results...

great looking ribs.

• Thanks
Great to hear it worked out for you. Congrats on the football win too!

• Thanks
Back