• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Johnny Trigg Ribs

B

BBQ_Steve

Did some research and decided to take a run at Johnny Trigg's ribs. I have always cooked ribs unwrapped and was really wanting to see how wrapping and the adjusted 3-2-1 method would work.

Dusted with Famous Dave's Rib Rub as I have tried a number of commercial rubs and seem to like this one the best.

Used a MES 40 with oak wood chips. Cooked at 275 with a 2-1-30 min method.

I wrapped at the 2 hr mark per the Trigg recipe. Brown sugar, Parkay, clover honey, Tiger Sauce and apple juice.

Unwrapped and placed back in the MES for 30 min to firm up. I thought they turned out well. I was worried about them being to sweet but we really enjoyed them as is without sauce.

For me the take aways were that wrapping gave me more tended and moist ribs than I was getting unwrapped. I am also excited to try different things in the wrap to change the flavors.

Attachments

• Ribs 2.jpg
    Ribs 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 654
  • Ribs 3.jpg
    Ribs 3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 657
Great minds think alike jonboy! I want to try that next time.

To much work for me and I hate artificially sweetened meat

They look really great so far.
I am not a "Grumpy Old Guy" who is stuck in the past and I appreciate your efforts! 8)

Good job!

TIM

They look good.

You know it is funny though, every time I see "Johnny Trigg's Rib Recipe", it's always different from the other "JTRR" I've seen...:peep:

They look great.

2-2-1 at 225 is my recipe on spares.

Never cared for that rub but love his sauces!

I load up when they are on sale.

20120804_092439.jpg

I would try some of the shiner bock in the foil.
jon

Best beer in the world !!!

2012-06-30_18-01-17_949.jpg

I like doing them both "all kinds of ways" also.....depends on my time, who's coming over and just what i'm feeling at the time.....Johnny Trigg probably inspired an entire load of folks to cooking better or different ribs....Great Job!!!

Back