• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I caught the Sausage making bug.

Great sausage site. It's great to make your own. I regularly visit Jeanie's site for just about anything. And, she is a fantastic brethreness! ...(is that a word?)

Great sausage site. It's great to make your own. I regularly visit Jeanie's site for just about anything. And, she is a fantastic brethreness! ...(is that a word?)

Thank you Neighbor, I could give you a hug for that.

Sorry for the hijack FatDaddy, my "thank you" button is broke. :redface:

I use my WSM, works fine. I don't do much more than 20 lbs at a time. I have the 5 lb Lem stuffer and after seeing yours I'm jealous. :-D

The good thing about this stuffer, is that it is super heavy so you dont have to bolt it down to the table or anything. I made everything yesterday on the kitchen island. I dont see me doing huge batches either, but like im sure ya know refilling that 5lber is a pita lol. I liked being able to get all the meat for the run in there at one time.:clap2:

Looks fantastic! The whole reason I got the smoker I currently have is the vertical chamber with the pop baffle between it and the main chamber. Temps are lower in there so I can do sausages during a normal cook, and remove the baffle for when I need to increase the heat in the vertical. Now the only sausage I eat is home made.

Looks fantastic! The whole reason I got the smoker I currently have is the vertical chamber with the pop baffle between it and the main chamber. Temps are lower in there so I can do sausages during a normal cook, and remove the baffle for when I need to increase the heat in the vertical. Now the only sausage I eat is home made.

Wish I had a vertical chamber on my trailer. But I might be able to rig up some hooks from the top shelves and take the bottom shelves out and use it that way once it warms up a bit. I was able to do jerky in it last summer and maintained about 150-180* with a very small fire.. just was a pita feeding that big ol pit hickory chuncks lol.

I make my own sausage and process my own deer, been making deer brats and summer sausage for the past 4 years, here is my new setup I'm working one falling on tight times at the time but hope to have it finished as soon as business picks up here is a pic. I picked up the counter 5 ft counter top for 10 bucks at a outlet store, part of the laminate on the edge is square instead of rounded big deal im going to bet another counter that is 10 ft long to run length ways with the sink attaching to the other counter, its going to host my 20 year old grinder that weights 60lbs, and will have built in paper dispenser for wrapping brats and i am planing on a 20 lb meat mixer, big fridge and maybe some other goodies along the way

162885_10150346169960012_688955011_16291170_3524466_n.jpg

39445_10150346170215012_688955011_16291177_8281768_n.jpg

Looks good. I wish I had a shop to have a set up like that.. i have to do it all in the kitchen at the moment lol..I just bring the cooler in with the quarters, debone em all. then grind em then freeze it till I get time to make sausage or what not out of em lol.

Back