BBQ Brethren "Fast Food" Throwdown!

Oh man! I smoked a rump roast, reverse sear really, and a turkey breast to take on vacation with us for sandwiches. They blew Arby's mess away. Oh and champagne mustard rocks. :clap2:

Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short but it always seems as though I'm just ahead of the throwdowns. :tsk:

Oh man! I smoked a rump roast, reverse sear really, and a turkey breast to take on vacation with us for sandwiches. They blew Arby's mess away. Oh and champagne mustard rocks. :clap2:

Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short but it always seems as though I'm just ahead of the throwdowns. :tsk:

Arby's Roast Beef sandwhich menu offers some good opportunities for this throwdown, since they have a lot of roast beef menu items and their roast beef sucks. Plenty of upside potential. :thumb:

CD

All we need is Marty Leach and some of those other guys to grind up another wagyu brisket and we could have $60 burgers :becky:

All we need is Marty Leach and some of those other guys to grind up another wagyu brisket and we could have $60 burgers :becky:

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout baby. Bring out your ground filet mignon Whopper.

CD :becky:

I have my inspiration and a good idea of where I am going. No points off for high fat or calorie content right? :becky:

Wait...it's just gonna be a picture for you guys. 0 carbs and 0 calories. :shock:

I have my inspiration and a good idea of where I am going. No points off for high fat or calorie content right? :becky:

Wait...it's just gonna be a picture for you guys. 0 carbs and 0 calories. :shock:

IIRC, high fat and calories is a requirement in the normal throwdown rules.

CD

Fast Food:

DSC01414.jpg

Ok... Perhaps it's an old tradition then... They used to cut the hamburger with it... Or so I've been told. Of course when I lived in southern Spain, many places made their hamburgers cut with lamb... They were delicious!

I've popped into McDs just about everywhere and I have never seen horsemeat. Horsemeat is expensive and very tasty. In which countries do they have it?

I've been to dozens of countries, and have seen McD's in most of them, but I can honestly say I never went into a single one of them. Please don't tell me you bought anything in them. It will shatter my image of Gore. Not that my image of Gore is all that special at this point, but it is not that low, either. You are on probation, if you care.

CD

Beautiful animal. Did you shoot him? :shock:

CD

Nah, they only line the road like that when they know they aren't in season. That and we didn't have tags for "speed goats". We will next time though. Pronghorn can be some really good eating.

I've been to dozens of countries, and have seen McD's in most of them, but I can honestly say I never went into a single one of them. Please don't tell me you bought anything in them. It will shatter my image of Gore. Not that my image of Gore is all that special at this point, but it is not that low, either. You are on probation, if you care.

I make no apologies. McD's is more responsible for bringing first-world plumbing standards to third-world countries than any other organization. If I am "suffering" in one of these countries there is nothing more welcome than the sight of a McD's bathroom complete with American fixtures, rather than a pit in the floor. And believe me, the locals notice this too and copy it. Bathrooms are being transformed everywhere that McD's opens a restaurant. I always check out the prices on the menu, and usually get a soda -- you know how small a soda is at restaurants overseas. If they have something really unusual on their menu, I will try it. In Spain a couple years ago they made a really nice espresso and put a dollop of their soft-serve ice cream in it. :rolleyes:

Ok... Perhaps it's an old tradition then... They used to cut the hamburger with it... Or so I've been told. Of course when I lived in southern Spain, many places made their hamburgers cut with lamb... They were delicious!

Definitely an urban legend. Horse meat is much more expensive than beef, and McD's is pretty strict about uniformity.

It was a hunting joke. Lewis Black has this great segment on American settlers crossing the country and seeing new animals for the first time. One settler asks another, "What is it?" and the other settler says, "I don't know... lets eat it."

CD

Back