Winter Build Project

jcrawf

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I'm looking for a winter build project to keep me out of trouble. This summer I built a UDS and I'm loving what I'm getting out of it. But... In the spirit of men, fire, and meat, I need to make something bigger. I've been looking at designs on here and I'm a fan of reverse flow rigs. I'd like to have something I could setup permanently in my backyard but don't want to go so big that I'll need a trailer.
I'm on the East Coast of Canada and smoking isn't a real common activity up here so I have no idea where to start for fabrication or materials. I've seen someone on Ebay selling plans for $20 bucks or so but I figure I would send out the Bat signal to see if anybody might have a set of plans that I could copy or provide some expert advice on design and/or materials.
I have a guy who will handle the fabrication for free as long as I buy the materials.
Any info that you folks could provide would be fantastic.

Dont know if this will help or not but here is the link to the reverse smoker I have been working on,,, Ive cooked on it several times and love it,,, one thing , its a wood hog but that may be me trying to get used to using it...one chimney and two logs brings it up to temp 250 in about 30 min and will keep it there for about three hrs..
Hope this helps..
PJ
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73467

Back