Fryed Chicken

FatBoyz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I wish to pose a Question. you can make breaded fryed chicken with in the kcbs rules. so has anyone tryed this or do you think you might be disqualified? i did not post this to have some people start a fight! this is purly for info and fun!!!!!

With that being said , please i want a clean fight and come out swinging when you hear the bell ....

Yes you can. Grill the chicken parts that have been battered up then dip them in hooters wing sauce. All you need is a good looking girl to serve them and you are set.

trying researching this the 2Fat Pollacks did it once in a comp and got DQ for turning in what the judges thought was fried chicken and it wasnt. The yeam actully documented the whole prosses and it never touched any oil

The KCBS rules explicitly state that it may not be "deep fried", but no hairsplit definition is given for when the state of deep frying is deemed to exist.

It costs you $1000 to pull out of the driveway (at least with today's gas prices, unless you live in Mecca), and there is so much room for innovation within truly good BBQ chicken cooking -- why skate that line with a rep who might be inclined to DQ anything questionable? Why would anyone want to dance on that particular landmine?

The KCBS rules explicitly state that it may not be "deep fried", but no hairsplit definition is given for when the state of deep frying is deemed to exist.

It costs you $1000 to pull out of the driveway (at least with today's gas prices, unless you live in Mecca), and there is so much room for innovation within truly good BBQ chicken cooking -- why skate that line with a rep who might be inclined to DQ anything questionable? Why would anyone want to dance on that particular landmine?

Because he's Billy. :grin:

Well, yeah, there is that.
crylaugh.gif

if you dont walk in the middle of the road you aint liven and i love liven

Billy,please use this method at Princeton and the Falls and where ever else we end up next year....

Breaded - would that be considered a crust??? It would not be a rub because it is ground bread, which is not a herb or spice. I would have to say you wouldbe dq'ed everywhere.

Back