• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fried redfish and shrimp with Bearden Farms Breading Mix

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
If you want to try an awesome, straight out the bag, breading mix for your frying needs, I really recommend you try Bearden Farms (they ship!!). (I'm in no way associated with the product.) We learned about it because we have family in the Mississippi Delta and it's sold up there.

This was some redfish and gulf shrimp. I made an egg wash with buttermilk and an egg and a bit of yellow mustard.

69032033.jpg

http://www.pattonspride.com/

Thanks in advance for looking!

That's some tasty looking mix, think I'll order some. I've seen enough of your cooks to know that if you recommend it, it's gotta be good! The kiddos look like they approve, too! So, just once in the wash and once thru the breading? 450 veg oil?

That's some tasty looking mix, think I'll order some. I've seen enough of your cooks to know that if you recommend it, it's gotta be good! The kiddos look like they approve, too! So, just once in the wash and once thru the breading? 450 veg oil?

I don't believe you will be disappointed. I've tried many things and I always doctor them up, but this one, I don't mess with.

My fryer only goes to 375 and I used canola this time. It was actually the second run through the oil since I strained and refrigerated it after I used it the first time. I find that the second and third frying in the oil are always the best. I did go through egg wash and breading just one time.

Thank deepsouth for that breading recommendation. I'm just started to do more fish frying and just use seasonings and flour/cornmeal, but aren't in love with anything I make. Will see if they have that around here.

I loves me some fried seafood. Well, fried anything for that matter. Food looks great and thanks for the tip!

What's the difference between the Bearden Farms mix and Zatarain's Fish Fri (or any other corn flour mix)?

The difference is the seasoning and taste. I have tried them all, and before this one, I used the Shrimp Fry from Zatarains, which I think is better than their Fish Fry. I've also made my own using Anson Mills course cornmeal and seasoned it up, but the Bearden Farms tastes better and is cheaper than using the Anson Mills.

The difference is the seasoning and taste. I have tried them all, and before this one, I used the Shrimp Fry from Zatarains, which I think is better than their Fish Fry. I've also made my own using Anson Mills course cornmeal and seasoned it up, but the Bearden Farms tastes better and is cheaper than using the Anson Mills.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear. I'll be looking for some or grabbing some from thr www to give it a try :thumb: Once we get through March winds fresh caught redfish, trout & scallops become a weekly habit :becky:

That looks good; Like just plane corn mile on shrimp but Zates on fish with a big dose of PP Seafood Magic. How is it without the egg wash?

That looks good; Like just plane corn mile on shrimp but Zates on fish with a big dose of PP Seafood Magic. How is it without the egg wash?

It's excellent without the egg wash. This was only my second run on the shrimp and first on the fish with it.

Back