Restaurant Depot ROCKS!

As much as I like shopping there, I have to be really careful or I'll get in trouble. Bags of tri tip, whole rib eyes and chuck rolls, pork butts and tri packs of ribs.....it can all add up WAY too quick!

Thanks to this thread, I have a KCBS card on it's way to me now. Looking forward to looking around!

There is a RD that is 5Mins from my house.
I'm not allowed to go to it without supervision.
im in the same boat......when the wife sees me load the 150qt cooler into the van in the morning when i leave to work she knows where im going after work, thats when i get out of the van at night slowly and quietly when i get home so maybe i can make it to the garage fridge before she sees, lol
if not this is what happens: :fencing:
then i hide
:behindsofa:

Just went there a couple weeks ago for a fundraiser I was throwing, the wife went with me for the first time and she loved the place. When we left the house I told her to grab a sweatshirt, she looked at me a little weird then but thanked me later. If you're ever throwing a party, this is the place to go!

I’ve got one about 25 minutes from my home and another one about an hour from work and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out for less than $200.

Charcoal is a big one for me as well; I normally have 15-20 bags of RO in the garage. For meat, I bring the guys in the meat department a half pan from a comp and they let me open and pick through all the cases I want.

I’ve got one about 25 minutes from my home and another one about an hour from work and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out for less than $200.

Charcoal is a big one for me as well; I normally have 15-20 bags of RO in the garage. For meat, I bring the guys in the meat department a half pan from a comp and they let me open and pick through all the cases I want.

Hmmmm.....might have to try that one! :grin:

How's the quality of their meat? And what kind of discount do they have over the typical super grocery stores? I only cook large meals a few times a year and I'm wondering if it would be worth the $35 annual membership.

How's the quality of their meat? And what kind of discount do they have over the typical super grocery stores? I only cook large meals a few times a year and I'm wondering if it would be worth the $35 annual membership.

Remember, you are not buying small quantities.

Each year I pick up a 15 pound Prime Rib and make a couple of roasts and a bunch of steaks out of it. The ribs (4 ½ and down) are normally 3 slabs to a package. Briskets and butts are sold individually but most of the other cuts are not.

If you can break down the larger cuts and put them in your freezer, it works out great. As for the price, I think I paid a bit over $2 a pound on brisket but I was buying it by the case weight.

I called over to KCBS to see if they still have the program with RD and the lady on the phone indicated that they do not. Is it still on their website? It appears to be for members only. I really don't want to spend the 35 clams if the program is discontinued.

Can anybody shed any insight?

TIA,
HL

I called over to KCBS to see if they still have the program with RD and the lady on the phone indicated that they do not. Is it still on their website? It appears to be for members only. I really don't want to spend the 35 clams if the program is discontinued.

TIA,
HL

RD is no longer listed in the discounts section of the KCBS website.

That stinks. We would get all kinds of things there.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIA,
HL

Last time I went to RD (a few weeks ago), they informed me I couldn't get day passes after Oct. 1st:shock:

So everyone needs to be on the lookout cause the RD runs may be coming to an end.

Luckily for me I brought my buddy who owns a business and had him get a membership and put me on for my own membership card!

EDIT**** Seems its addressed a few posts up, no more RD Day Passes per KCBS****

Oh no! I was just there about an hour ago. I wonder how long they'll keep letting me use the KCBS card to shop? :shock: ... :cry: ... :mad: ... :mad2:

Never been to RD but sure would like to go and walk through one just once!
P.S. Renewed my KCBS membership 2 weeks ago at the A. Royal.....Grrrrrr!

Back