Lake Villa Township Winter Ribfest 01/28/12

Boy do I wish I knew about this ahead of time. I would love to have competed in this being that I am trying to work my way into the competition world. This would have been a great starter had I known. Ironically last weekend I did a search of all competitions within 50 miles of Chicago area and this did not come up. I wish there was ONE well put together ebsite that listed every competition there is based on states and it's sanction. That would really help a beginner out.

How are you doing Brew-B-Q? Are you still listening to the "Shuffling" song? I lost count after the 20th time Friday night at Lambs Farm. Congradulations on your win and thank you for the tips, it has helped me with practicing since then. Maybe we will be right next to each other again this year there.

I'm doing well. Are you cooking the burnoff? I'm not, but I'm going to try and stop by to see the teams.

I just called and so far there are 12- 15 teams signed up. The entry fee is $50 and you receive 5 full slabs of ribs. One will be for judging and the other for letting people eat.

Today is the last day to sign up, please ask for Jane or Kathy @ 847-356-2116. There will be children's events going on as well.

Hmmm... Apparently not very well publicized :)

I wonder why they chose January?

I couldn't find anything about the prizes. Did I miss it?

I think it is more for charity and donations. My mom found the add in the Daily Herald. But it would have been fun for the hell of it.

Cya all on Sunday

you can always cook the burnoff in Feb. I think it would be a better starter contest for you than a small rib burn if you planning on getting into KCBS contests

Boy do I wish I knew about this ahead of time. I would love to have competed in this being that I am trying to work my way into the competition world. This would have been a great starter had I known. Ironically last weekend I did a search of all competitions within 50 miles of Chicago area and this did not come up. I wish there was ONE well put together ebsite that listed every competition there is based on states and it's sanction. That would really help a beginner out.

Wish I had known about it as well! Ramona was over at Tony's last weekend and not a word was said. Chuck knows that we compete!

Oh, well, Back to the 24 hours at Daytona... See you guys tomorrow!

no but really no reason not to..sausage, chicken, ribs, and pork tenderloin are all pretty quick cooks..no overnight type stuff like pork butt or brisket
Bill,

Do you have to enter all the categories for the winter burn off?

Back