THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bamboozled

Found some matches.
New Hog Roaster I just spent the last three weeks building in my spare time. So far the test runs show it holds about 300 with a half bag in both coal boxes, going to tone it down with a little less charcoal to try to get the temp down around 225-250. Going to try an actual hog in it this weekend.

IMG00083-20110425-2248.jpg

IMG00084-20110425-2249.jpg

Not to sure but if you were to pull with truck or car it dosent appear that you would be able to trun corners and also that is the frt we are looking at???? you would be banging your shin on hitch. Not trying to say bad things just pointing out items looks good otherwise. Is the little white thing in back attached? Also since you have that large of tank you may want to put in a rotisseraly for the pig. Also on your test runs with or with out meat in it. With meat will bring down temp until the meat internal temp comes up.

The tongue slides out about 3 feet and then gets double pinned in place for transporting. It's just stuck all the way for storage.

Then, when cooking it slides all the way out so you aren't banging your shins.

The white thing in back is for a mower, not attached. Behind the cooker and over the axle is a 'table' for placing the whole rack when the hog is done to be able to pull the meat.

Test runs were without meat so I will keep that in mind. I actually just built it for somebody, he rented one last year and it was a piece of junk so I said I'd see what I can do, so far he is happy with it. The cooker is in the front to try to help balance the tongue weight and for access to the rack standing on the ground. The top of the bottom half is just under 46 inches from the ground.

This kind of shows the tongue extended, earlier pic:

IMG00066-20110404-1507.jpg

That ought to make a pig all hot & sweaty... :p Lookin' good. Can't wait to see some action pics. Cheers!!!

Here are some pics from over the years. The pics above you can tell the boys at diff ages. They are 32 and 31 and are still with me cooking.

Last edited:
Any chance of pictures on inside? I see side doors is that to add charcoal or for Vents? or maybe both? Great looking cooker though cant wait to see Porky in there.

If a hog is tender enough to pull it usually has trouble staying on the spit. Nice fab work on the trailer/cooker.

Back