Drago's style oysters (in the SS shells)

We don't start eating fl oysters until October when the water cools down, but this has got me ready for that first bushel!

We don't start eating fl oysters until October when the water cools down, but this has got me ready for that first bushel!

I follow the rule of not eating oysters unless the month has an R in it to ensure the water has cooled down like you do.

that looks perfect. dead on 100% perfect I tell ya. My favorite way to eat oysters. I only worry about the R month thing for raw oysters. If you are going to cook them, you are okay 12 months out of the year.

I've wanted to start a thread on this for a while now as I do a lot of these at home. Thanks for the thread deepsouth. I have been searching for an alternative for the natural shells, but these ss ones really do seem very pricey. I found these, they are actually clam shells but should work the same. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/small-foil-clam-food-shell/682L102P.html. They come 250 a box for under $20, ........thoughts?

I would do dishes and clean your whole hose for that matter.....just to sample a few of those beauties! Man, King Neptune himself would be honored to eat those!

I follow the rule of not eating oysters unless the month has an R in it to ensure the water has cooled down like you do.

i don't follow that rule either. i probably eat more in summer not R months come to think of it, because that's when we go to the condo most often.

Back