Help rescue my shoulder!

S

starvinmarvin

Swirling winds made temp control hard - had small shoulder on for 11hrs and only got temp up to 151. Pulled it (ran outta charcoal) let it sit, threw it in fridge.

Any idea how to rescue it today? Finish in a slow oven? Thanks...

yeah - throw it in a slow oven - you will be fine.

So for roughly 9ish hrs you had your meat under 140*?

Toss it and start another.

1. More like 9hrs @150 - plateaued bec of the winds...

Yepper, this is the one time your allowed to use that box in the kitchen called an oven........for Bar B Que, it's a man law!

Just in case someone wants to see how it ended: Put in a slow (245) oven on rack, wrapped, over water w/some apple cider vinegar - took 7 hrs to get to 195. Wasn't the moistest but not dry either. Great flavor. FYI and thanks for the help.

So for roughly 9ish hrs you had your meat under 140*?

Toss it and start another.

1. More like 9hrs @150 - plateaued bec of the winds...

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate...

You had a pork butt stall for 9 hours at 150 degrees? I think we need to understand exactly what happened here. Because if you had a butt stall for that long then I'm stumped.

But if you had a butt on for 11 hours and the internal temp of the butt never got above 151 degrees you've got an issue as BBQ said. This would be mean you butt was on the pit with meat under 140 degrees for a period of time that would normally be considered unsafe.

What was the temp of your pit during this time? Did you check your thermometer?

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate...

You had a pork butt stall for 9 hours at 150 degrees? I think we need to understand exactly what happened here. Because if you had a butt stall for that long then I'm stumped.

But if you had a butt on for 11 hours and the internal temp of the butt never got above 151 degrees you've got an issue as BBQ said. This would be mean you butt was on the pit with meat under 140 degrees for a period of time that would normally be considered unsafe.

What was the temp of your pit during this time? Did you check your thermometer?

My thoughts exactly...:cool:

Back