2010 KCBS Banquet in Phlly

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's been announced that the 2010 KCBS Banquet will be held in Philadelphia the weekend of 1/15

Just though y'all should know.:wink:

Edited to correct the date

Last edited:
It's been announced that the 2010 KCBS Banquet will be held in Philadelphia the weekend of 2/20/2010.

Just though y'all should know.:wink:

When I called the KCBS office this week, they told me it was Jan. 15-16. They have not picked a location yet. They are going in two weeks to tour 4 hotels.

Early bird,
looks like things have changed
Are You Attending the 2010 KCBS Banquet?
July 21, 2009

We are busy planning the 2010 KCBS Banquet in Philadelphia. Please help us out by answering the questions below.

Are you planning to attend the 2010 Banquet in Philadelphia?

Are you planning on staying at the Philadelphia Banquet hotel chosen by KCBS?

Please email your answers to Amy Winn at awinn@kcbs.us by July 31st. We appreciate your quick response.

Vegas after KC next year for the 25th anniversary
Nashville was a fine location
Of course KC is also
Philly I am told ya can go from the airport to
the hotel and not go outside

Early bird,
looks like things have changed
Are You Attending the 2010 KCBS Banquet?
July 21, 2009

We are busy planning the 2010 KCBS Banquet in Philadelphia. Please help us out by answering the questions below.

Are you planning to attend the 2010 Banquet in Philadelphia?

Are you planning on staying at the Philadelphia Banquet hotel chosen by KCBS?

Please email your answers to Amy Winn at awinn@kcbs.us by July 31st. We appreciate your quick response.

Interesting questions.

I guess they figure that you don't need to know the dates or what hotel in order to answer!

Vegas after KC next year for the 25th anniversary
Nashville was a fine location
Of course KC is also
the hotel and not go outside

Thats not true at all. Like all major cities it has its neighborhoods, but there are plenty of nice area.

I was told by a bunch of people that DC bbq battle was terrible because of the people, I went there and I had no problem, nor did I see any. I guess depending on where you are from and what you are use to would make you think differently of people and areas. Talk to Jack Mcdavid, he lives in Philly and owns two restaurants there, see his opinion on it being bad. Just know where you are going and you will be fine.

PS - they have some fine crack out there.:mrgreen:

Ps again - you may not want to go out there in your elvis costume!!!

OC, read it again.

I think that he said that you CAN (as in having the ability to) go from the airport to the hotel without going outside.

I don't know about Philly, but you can certainly do that in NY.

OC, read it again.

I think that he said that you CAN (as in having the ability to) go from the airport to the hotel without going outside.

I don't know about Philly, but you can certainly do that in NY.

the hotel and not go outside - this is what I read

I thought what he is saying is it is ghetto. My bad if I was wrong.

Thom don't know ghetto. You think they have ghetto in the land of Palm trees? ;-)

I thought he brought that up due the the season and location of Philly - as a positive comment.

I thought he brought that up due the the season and location of Philly - as a positive comment.

He probably did, being from the area and seeing the news everynight, you have to take anything directed towards staying inside as a negative comment!! I am not defending philly, I just want people to know that there is more then murder and crack. They have heroin too!!!:mrgreen:

Just messing around, there are a lot of good things to see there.

LOL I thought it was a positive thing
If the weather is bad you don't need to go out
If its just cold you can venture out
What no palm trees? Your kidding
The pic is of Scottie with my Son Kyles team at Stagecoach

Attachments

• The Teams at SC.jpg
    The Teams at SC.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 196
Philly makes perfect sense. Afterall, it IS the hotbed of barbeque in...well... Pennsylvania.

No, that would be New Holland. Philly is the hotbed of World Championship Baseball and under-achieving Football and Hockey.

Philly is a great town - as long as you stay on the west side of the river Philly offers unlimited options during the day and has a great night life!!

I think they are showing love the northeast, bout time. NYC would of been better:biggrin:

hear that and I plan on supporting their desicion. I agree NYC would have been better, I even think that (and boy its pains me to say it) I would have rather gone to Boston........:twisted:

So does this mean party @ Linda & Jerry's??:biggrin:

Back