Pepper Stoudt Beef Guidelines

str8upcop04

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of time & temp for pepper stoudt beef. I understand it's done when it's done but I'm trying to plan a meal for next Sunday's 1:00est Bears vs. Vikings game. I'm using a WSM with ROL charcoal & cherrywood. Planning on cooking to an internal of 165F & then foiling until 200-205F. Basic Rub of salt & pepper. Thanks in advance!

-Justin

I only use the Q for the smoke, not the whole cook. Usually 3 hours of smoke and a couple of hours in the oven works

FYI, Ive only done it once but I was very low on sleep so I foiled with the peppers and onions a little early (3 hrs of smoke?) and the peppers and onions were super overcooked. If I could suggest anything, its that you hold off a little bit on adding the veggies if you want them to retain their integrity

I did the wolf pit recipe Labor Day weekend, almost foolproof. Give her a shot you won't regret it.

Just made this yesterday. 5 lb chuckie took a little over 3 hours to get to 165 internal smoking at 275 deg, then in the oven at 350 deg for 2 hours, 45 min to shred.

Back