Rock'n Ribfest:Merrimack, NH 6/23-24(w/results) KCBS

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Check your emails! The applications for this years Rock'n Ribfest may be sitting in your in-box. This is a very nice contest on the grounds of Anhueser-Busch in Merrimach, NH. Anyone going this year besides us?

We're planning to attend and defend our title.

We look forward to meeting you. It should be alot of fun. Last year we didn't make it. We were on our way to the contest and lost the axel on our Lang Cooker just before turning north onto 91 from 95 in the pouring rain at 2:00 AM on Saturday morning. We had to leave Friday night because my brother and co-cooker had to work Friday. It was 2:30 in the afternoon on Saturday before we got the trailer moved and fixed. We called Roland and told him we were gonna bag it because we were all soaked and tired. I guess it was pretty wet up there also.

Lakeside Smokers will be there. Check is going into the mailbox right now.

We look forward to meeting you. It should be alot of fun. Last year we didn't make it. We were on our way to the contest and lost the axel on our Lang Cooker just before turning north onto 91 from 95 in the pouring rain at 2:00 AM on Saturday morning. We had to leave Friday night because my brother and co-cooker had to work Friday. It was 2:30 in the afternoon on Saturday before we got the trailer moved and fixed. We called Roland and told him we were gonna bag it because we were all soaked and tired. I guess it was pretty wet up there also.

Pretty wet is a mild understatement. The entire contest site was ankle deep mud, except for the places where it was knee deep. But it was a great time, especially because we won the thing.

We considered the East Hartford event the same weekend because it is so close to our home, but I have seen no information on it yet and don't want to risk not getting into NH if the CT one doesn't happen.

Looking forward to meeting the Polacks! I want to get a good look at that new trailer, it looks really cool.

Pretty wet is a mild understatement. The entire contest site was ankle deep mud, except for the places where it was knee deep. But it was a great time, especially because we won the thing.

We considered the East Hartford event the same weekend because it is so close to our home, but I have seen no information on it yet and don't want to risk not getting into NH if the CT one doesn't happen.

Looking forward to meeting the Polacks! I want to get a good look at that new trailer, it looks really cool.

I'm told the Hartford application will be out this week.

Sent in my application this morning. I'm mainly going for the beer and to watch Ted repeat.

Speaking of mud, has anyone tried using industrial rubber floor mats in their cooking areas? Wondering if they would help at all in sever mud conditions. May make more of a mess than it's worth.

544C.jpg

Last year we brought an indoor/outdoor carpet, it worked GREAT! It was still a muddy mess but the carpet made it little better.

Sent in my application this morning. I'm mainly going for the beer and to watch Ted repeat.

Speaking of mud, has anyone tried using industrial rubber floor mats in their cooking areas? Wondering if they would help at all in sever mud conditions. May make more of a mess than it's worth.

544C.jpg

I would think they would sink into the mud and be a biotch to get out. I would use some old pallets and outdoor carpet.

Point well taken. The wife and I (my brother is on his own:eek: :biggrin: ) are gonna order some foul weather gear for ourselves including boots.

lunchmeat will definitely be in Merrimac. I was wondering where you were Guy...was (and am) looking forward to meeting the Polocks. Sorry about the Lang, I hadn't heard what happened. I love yer boots Mike...we used Ziploc bags on the kids' feet, and then when the grown-ups were down to one pair of shoes left, we used the BIGGER Ziplocs. That worked, and that is all you can ask for I guess... Somewhat dry feet and a belly full of lobstah-stuffed prime rib...THANK YOU SULLY!

We'll see you there in June!

Michelle,

My one "L" Michele and I are looking forward to meeting you and your crew also. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I saw in the information packet that they "suggest" contestants arrive between 12-3pm on Friday but the contest is on Saturday.

Was there much to do up there or see last year? I'm considering bringing the family for a long weekend getaway.

Well, it is being held at an Anheuser Busch brewery, and they do have tours, clydesdales, etc. That could occupy you on Friday. Saturday is grilling and Sunday is KCBS, so that will keep you pretty busy the rest of the weekend.

Back