Best Damn Chili I ever made! PRON

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
OK, when you're raising a housefull of teenage boys, ya gotta save a buck where ya can when you like to eat like we do. So I cheated a little and smoked the sirloin along with the chuck roasts I used for the Pulled Beef thread. So sue me!

I don't rub meats that are gonna end up in chili or stews and the like. I just smoked them over Oak for about 2.25 hours at about 260. Then I cubed the smoked meat and tossed it in my red sauce. I will tell you the only spices I used in the sauce were Chili Powder, Chalula's Chili Lime and Big Brother Smoke's Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub. I really think it was the Sweet and Spicy Rub that made the difference in overall taste, as this was the only time I used that particular rub as a seasoning in chili. I usually use it as a rub on burgers or ribs. This really was the best chili I've ever made, and I been making chili for over 35 years. I really made the Chili for tomorrow nights dinner as we had Pulled Beef tonight. But I excersized cook's privledges and had a bowl of the Chili anyway. Sometimes I add eans, this time I did as I suspect we will end up having the chili in burritos... If so I'll post buritto pics tomorrow night in this thread..

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy!

Attachments

• chili pulled beef 006.jpg
    chili pulled beef 006.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 266
  • chili pulled beef 003.jpg
    chili pulled beef 003.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 263
  • chili pulled beef 007.jpg
    chili pulled beef 007.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 263
  • chili pulled beef 008.jpg
    chili pulled beef 008.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 263
  • chili pulled beef 011.jpg
    chili pulled beef 011.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 262
  • chili pulled beef 018.jpg
    chili pulled beef 018.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 264
  • chili pulled beef 013.jpg
    chili pulled beef 013.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 262
Why not

Hmmmmmm...Chilli for breakfast.......I wonder.

Looks great

that looks great,,what i love about chili,is no 2 are the same,even when i make it,i always try something a little different.i think i might try to smoke some chucks & sirloins next time....i like to add ground pepperoni as a thickener..

Hmmmmmm...Chilli for breakfast.......I wonder.

Looks great

Why not. If I could have some that was as tastey as that looks, I'd have it every morning. Looks great. Got to try me some of that rub.

Looks very tasty. I think I like the idea of smoking the meat b4 the slow cooker. OOh I cant wait till I make the next batch!

I'll beat Bob to it and say, "I'd hit it!"
That looks fantastic.
Is that a local rub - did it come from our Brethren Big Brother Smoke? Can it be ordered online? Heck, can ya just send me a bowl of that chili???

Dang Bo, that's a bowl of fine looking vittles...... (wish I had a bowl)

Nice! What no family photos?
On nights I make pulled pork or bbq beef sanwhiches I cannot make the kids sit still long enough for a family pic without weaponry.... Gotta give 'em a break once in a while Norco... Thx for noticing!

I'll beat Bob to it and say, "I'd hit it!"
That looks fantastic.
Is that a local rub - did it come from our Brethren Big Brother Smoke? Can it be ordered online? Heck, can ya just send me a bowl of that chili???

No, yes, yes, no...

Not local

Yes Big Brother Smoke is a member of this site

Go to Member list, look him up and send him a PM

My brother once was posted my shipping policy...Send $20.00, and I'll send one of the kids with the food.....Don't count on it getting there uneaten...:wink:

Back