Real Carnitas.....pics

Out pattented two plate removal system. Grabbing a whole shoulder. Believe it or not its hot in the pot. This is the easiest way to remove the meat and only getting burned a little.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MjUuanBn.jpg

Removing hunks of more meat. It was placed directly into a giant cooler. Then hauled about a mile to party site.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MjEuanBn.jpg

This is epic. Absolutely the best thread in the three years I've been here. Thanks for this great effort.

Some of the carnitas in the cooler. This looks like a rear shoulder, the big piece of meat is what we try to do. One little push on this and it will fall apart into pieces.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MjYuanBn.jpg

A little bit I took home for later. Notice how it glistenes, were cooking with lard baby, I never said it was good for you. Taste is beyond description.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MjguanBn.jpg

Not a Good pic but this is after about 100 people and it was all you can eat. There is still 1/3 of the meat left. A hog this size should serve 200 if portions were given out. Also notice the lard that is settling in bottom of cooler, pure love. This pic was taken about 5 hours after cooking and you could still get burnt from the heat.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MjkuanBn.jpg

That's it, I'm wooped, I have a bunch more pics if someone wants something more specific. Also any questions are welcome!!!

Thank You for sharing this cook in such detail! I always thought carnitas were chucks of pork marinated and fried until now!

This was a great thread!

I have a question. How many milligrams of Lipitor do you take? :razz:

None, had full blood work 2 months ago. Everything is great. Really though we don't eat this all the time, its only 3 or 4 times a year.

I forgot to post about the sheep, this is being cooked in a giant tamales pot. It is steamed with a bunch of spices. On top is the stomach stuffed with everything listed earlier.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0ODcuanBn.jpg

Great thread i love the pics and making me hungry. i would love to see some more pics

Then when almost done a chipotle chili paste was mixed in. This was butchered in large pieces also. It turned out great.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MTMuanBn-1.jpg

My son being his normal goof ball self. Some people may see these pictures as gross. We see them as food. We hunt, fish and gather. We don't harvest anything we don't eat and always treat animals ethically. I prayed and thanked for these animals to bring us substance. I apologize to anyone who finds any of these pictures offensive. But please remember this is our way of life, it was handed down to me from my father and his father and his father. I will hand it down to my sons.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NjcuanBn.jpg

I think you are in the wrong place to be judged. We all know where meat comes from (hint it ain't the grocery store) Thanks for sharing with us. Looked tasty

Back