Who wants to eat BBQ and drink beer (FREE) at Soldier Field Next weekend? I need volunteers!

rubbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi there Brethren - we still need some volunteers for the upcoming Windy City BBQ Classic at Soldier Field next Sunday September 1st. In exchange for working a volunteer shift (parking, registration, setup, etc.) you'll attend the event FREE of charge! Sample BBQ from 30 local BBQ joints, hang with your fellow BBQ Brethren that are cooking on the competition side, listen to nationally acclaimed Blues music, watch cooking/butchering demos, enter contests to win smokers & grills...and enjoy Lagunitas Beer/Tito's Vodka Cocktails too! All inclusive, fun filled day of Blues, Brews, and BBQ on Chicago's lakefront Labor Day weekend (Forecast right now shows 88 and sunny all weekend)!

email our volunteer coordinator shawnasolsvig@hotmail.com if you're looking for something to do next weekend and want to part of this great event.

Details:

www.windycitybbqclassic.com

Damn.. i would be all over that.. will be in Chicago that weekend but i have to DJ my frat brother's Wedding.. :mad:

I do I do!!!! I'll Pm you the address to send the first class Round trip plane ticket:biggrin1:

When I retire in a year or so I will be all over this. Thanks for the invite. :thumb:

Man rub, That sounds like a great time. Is this a yearly thing? I could plan for next years. Got a Salmon trip booked in NY.

Yes, this is an annual event - this is our 2nd year...I'll put it out there sooner next year

I'll post some pics after the event

I am already going to the event but not to work. My wife bought me tickets for father's day.

I went. It was pretty fun. There was a decent turnout as far as spectators goes. I ended up having to leave early because my babysitter baled on me. I ate so much pulled pork and ribs judging the people's choice group that I felt like throwing up! I met Lee Ann Whippen. She was there for her restaurant, Chicago Q and they were competing in the people's choice. Her Q was good but definitely not the best!

Any pictures and stories of those that attended?
There was a professional photographer who got a lot of shots of the event. His name is Derek Johnson. this is a link to his Facebook album of the event, but you might have to friend him to view. He told me ok to share the pics so if you can't see them via the link, let me know and I'll upload to photobucket. Not sure if he was working with the organizers or not. he's in a few of the pics, I'm sure most competitors will recognize him as the guy with the camera!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fies...Image-Photos/318541744823871?sk=photos_stream

Some really cool pics!! Thanks for sharing the link.:thumb:

Hopefully some stories will follow!:-D

Back