***Vote - BBQ Brethren "Let's Cook It Like Julia Child!" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Vote for the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Let's Cook Like Julia Child" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Let's Cook Like Julia Child!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday July 29 .

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

DerHusker
IMG_4398_zps954871ba.jpg

tarhog
IMG_0479_zps82d3be05.jpg

caseydog
picture.php

Hometruckin
7afcc5f6-a3be-4c08-be23-4cb8339cde51_zps9e642281.jpg

Oldyote
DSC_0114_zpsa4a80811.jpg

angryfish01
attachment.php

MS2SB
IMG_7487_zps52b92228.jpg

Kathy’s Smokin’
P1010931_zps9a1b4e06.jpg

buccaneer
Oignonlepoireauetlatomateprovenc3270aletarte4_zps2b7347fe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very close call for me between Kathy and Buccs.

I'd wish I could try both. In the end I went with Buccs as I felt like I could almost taste that lovely creation.

Nice!

Very close call for me between Kathy and Buccs.

I'd wish I could try both. In the end I went with Buccs as I felt like I could almost taste that lovely creation.

Nice!

Actually, for me, those were the top two as well and I almost went with Buccs. But, never having cooked a souffle' personally, and having seen several souffle' fails at friends' places, the difficulty factor gave Kathy's an edge.

Hopefully I'll get my computer working properly and be able to download my cook photos while voting is still on. :icon_blush: You'll especially like the photo I took peeking in at it through the top vent.

Actually, for me, those were the top two as well and I almost went with Buccs. But, never having cooked a souffle' personally, and having seen several souffle' fails at friends' places, the difficulty factor gave Kathy's an edge.

Julia's a good teacher. My only cooking directions came from her "The French Chef" Youtube. Thanks for the kudos!

Okay, it doesn't have meat in it. But I am blown away. No, not by you buccs, although your entry doesn't suck, by any measure. :biggrin1:

A farking soufflé on a grill... seriously? How do you beat that?

So, Kathy, what is the next.... oooops, not my job. :becky:

CD

Okay, it doesn't have meat in it. But I am blown away. No, not by you buccs, although your entry doesn't suck, by any measure. :biggrin1:

CD

Worry not CD, your intention was not hard to pick up mate.
Carry on!

In the end I had to go with the one I wanted to take a huge bite out of the most. Buccs was my winner. But I do have to say. Every single entry was right up there using that criteria.

Hopefully I'll get my computer working properly and be able to download my cook photos while voting is still on. :icon_blush: You'll especially like the photo I took peeking in at it through the top vent.

Very cool and creative!! :thumb:

Looking forward to the "build" thread. :clap2:

Okay, the two leaders have NO meat in them. :twitch:

Meanwhile, I have one vote for a big-arse slab of red meat. In fact, all the meat dishes have one or zero votes.

This is very, very curious. :shocked:

CD

Okay, the two leaders have NO meat in them. :twitch:

Meanwhile, I have one vote for a big-arse slab of red meat. In fact, all the meat dishes have one or zero votes.

This is very, very curious. :shocked:

CD

I don't think that should be a factor at all and I applaud the creativity of doing something French on the BBQ especially when every other farker has done one of your ideas...and mine has lardons in it, and anchovies BTW.
I loved seeing the votes and I am neck and neck with Kathy and her souffle!!!
WOw!
So, my vote sends you out 2 in the lead Girl, amazing job with that souffle on a BBQ!:thumb: :hail:
Well done Kathy :hail:

I would have loved to eat any of those entries.
Seriously.
Oldyote's was calling me, it was a great mix and had that excellent sauce, the only fault I could find with CD's entry was a lack of sauce/gravy.
This was true for MS2SB's entry too, who doesn't like crusty panko coating, and the work with the stuffing, wow...just needed a sauce for mine!
Tarhog, Shout out for the work you put in, dude, that was a lot of effort and it is plain to see, well done!:hail:

Tarhogs was a thing of beauty, and Jed had an awesome meal as usual but I didn't think the entry shot did it justice.

Thanks, Buccs, I may be heading to the same decision in your favour. I haven't read all the cook threads yet, though, it's been a really busy few days since Friday. Okay, back to the stove, I'm making a late lunch for us. Been on the pooter way too much yesterday and today. :oops:

Back