Kudos to Kit Rudd and Michael Fay

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to send my thanks out to Kit (Deguello) and Michael (Aporkalypse) for spending their personal time to cook for our Judges class in Annapolis this past weekend. They were up at 3AM firing up the smokers after they had competed the day before. I know they didn't give us award winning Q, but the non-cooks at my table thought it was great eats! Man will they be surprised when they judge a contest. :razz:

Just wanted to send my thanks out to Kit (Deguello) and Michael (Aporkalypse) for spending their personal time to cook for our Judges class in Annapolis this past weekend. They were up at 3AM firing up the smokers after they had competed the day before. I know they didn't give us award winning Q, but the non-cooks at my table thought it was great eats! Man will they be surprised when they judge a contest. :razz:

You are welcome! We rolled everything in a proprietary mix of rubs the likes of which will probably never be duplicated, cranked up Mike's Spicewine to "Inferno" and let it roll. The brisket was surprisingly good. As for the rest, well, uh, that's not quite the color I strive for on chicken (I think I can safely speak for Mike and say neither does he). Don Chomas, Captain Ed, Cruise Director Doreen and the rest of the Parole Rotary crew do a great job at Naptown, and it is always a pleasure to help them out. It was exhausting doing the school the morning after the comp, but at least it was a short drive home. Much shorter than the drive home from KC after the American Royal double!

Awesome of you guys to do that. I was too worn out to do much of anything Saturday night/ Sunday, not to mention having to cook again. Go Cowboys!

The brisket was surprisingly good.

I thought the brisket was good as well. Although the burnt ends weren't "burnt" I thought they were delicious. Hard to pass up any kind of burnt end (except for a certain restaurant's).

Awesome of you guys to do that. I was too worn out to do much of anything Saturday night/ Sunday, not to mention having to cook again. Go Cowboys!

I hope Fat Maxine got some, seeing as how her team did so well!

I know they didn't give us award winning Q, :razz:
How do you know that's not what we turn in? You don't like "meteorite" chicken?

You are welcome! We rolled everything in a proprietary mix of rubs the likes of which will probably never be duplicated, cranked up Mike's Spicewine to "Inferno" and let it roll. The brisket was surprisingly good. As for the rest, well, uh, that's not quite the color I strive for on chicken (I think I can safely speak for Mike and say neither does he). Don Chomas, Captain Ed, Cruise Director Doreen and the rest of the Parole Rotary crew do a great job at Naptown, and it is always a pleasure to help them out. It was exhausting doing the school the morning after the comp, but at least it was a short drive home. Much shorter than the drive home from KC after the American Royal double!
It's a long day doing the judge's school after a comp but I was happy to help out. Every square inch of every rack in the cooker was covered with the judge's school and VIP bits. Add to that I don't think I've ever seen a 15 lb pork butt until Sunday morning:twitch:

Way to go boys...reppin' the bbq empire that is Springfield, VA! ;-) haha

How do you know that's not what we turn in? You don't like "meteorite" chicken?

I know better! :wink: Actually I scored the chicken breast a 9 for tenderness cuz I know how hard breasts are to smoke.

Back