View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

motor home - run it off your on-board generator if it's 80 you';; need all that power for the AC. Of course it could be 40 and some snow around so who knows.

Power from the other stuff - if everybody has 12 gage cords or better (30 amp) it usually is good.

Porta Potty - depends on how long you can use the motor home before it fills - can't get out to dump. I'd spend money on it before buying beer and I love a cold beer.

For bigger sites like you want get in your open app ASAP. They need to do some redrawing. Remember that returning teams get their spot back again so talk to folks you know and see if anybody knows of a C size site that is not coming back this year.

Now having a lock on your cooker, well 500 teams, last 10 years I know about and only 1 brisket stolen. Team had an FE and everybody went to sleep while the party was still going on. Plan for somebody to be up and on-site all Friday night.

And unless you can control access to your site it will be a mess. I always bought hay bales, relied on my neighbors to protect each side and left 3 feet open to get in and kept somebody there during the party Friday evening. We even had 10 guys sitting out front one year with number cards to score the ladies as they went by. Amazing how many 9's around that late or maybe some eyes weren't that good.