You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-26-2019!

If anyone has time Friday night feel free to stop by my house and show me how to trim and cook a brisket. I'm still a beginner...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Almost forgot. It's the off season so somebody needs to bring toilet paper. Foil and butcher paper may not work properly. I'll try to remember.

My great nephew, Jake will be attending (he's stationed at Fort Hood) and may bring some friends.

Kevin, a coworker of mine will also be attending.

Thinking about doing a pecan, chocolate chip bourbon pecan cobbler like I brought to the Chicago Bash. They thought it wasn't too bad.

Party at Paul's House Friday Night!!! :tongue:

Bring a chair. Bring something small to cook. Pick a cooker to use. They don't get used enough.

Hmmmmm. :-D :thumb:

Charles and I plan on partying it up in Austin Thursday and Friday but that also sounds fun.

Last edited:
Thinking about doing a pecan, chocolate chip bourbon pecan cobbler like I brought to the Chicago Bash. They thought it wasn't too bad.

Then you realize while packing you've ran outta pecans (got some ordered) so will be doing a different dessert (TBD, but got a pretty good idea).

Back to packing.

Meeting Sako in Austin tomorrow afternoon and first round's on me.

Then you realize while packing you've ran outta pecans (got some ordered) so will be doing a different dessert (TBD, but got a pretty good idea).

Back to packing.

Meeting Sako in Austin tomorrow afternoon and first round's on me.

Curveballs always make it fun. :thumb: Packing myself also and looking forward to the rounds Charles. :clap2:

Made my rub for the belly burnt ends. Doing what I can beforehand to make it easy.

yS3ayAeh.jpg

Made my rub for the belly burnt ends. Doing what I can beforehand to make it easy.

Your bag will be opened and inspected. I brought some rub in my checked baggage last year, opened up the suitcase and found rub all over. On the way home, had the suitcase case as carry-on. And bought a few bottles of fun in Austin. They ran checks for explosives on all the bottles.

Who knew...

Your bag will be opened and inspected. I brought some rub in my checked baggage last year, opened up the suitcase and found rub all over. On the way home, had the suitcase case as carry-on. And bought a few bottles of fun in Austin. They ran checks for explosives on all the bottles.

Who knew...

Welp, the rub I can recreate but I hope the don't mess with the bottles of fun I'm trying to "cross" and one in particular for the bash. Keep your fingers crossed boys and girls.

GJ6pRcvh.jpg

The rub was in tact, I just couldn't figure out what happened, until the return flight home. That's when I figured out they opened the bag and tested, but didn't re-close it all the way.

They left the Malort alone, so you should be fine. Although I bet a bunch of the Brethren would have been happier if they confiscated it.

The rub was in tact, I just couldn't figure out what happened, until the return flight home. That's when I figured out they opened the bag and tested, but didn't re-close it all the way.

They left the Malort alone, so you should be fine. Although I bet a bunch of the Brethren would have been happier if they confiscated it.

:becky::becky:

That's good news. Or bad? I can see the testing of powder.

Sleebs, Hope you bring that BaaDass drone again! Very Cool!

Well, yes and no. I won't be bringing that exact one, but I'll be bringing my FPV quad, which is more fun to fly. I'll be focusing more on taking video rather than stills, although I'll bring along my SLR for that. Should be fun! :-D

On the road again. Not!

Car hesitated starting last night and replaced battery and it now looks like alternator.

Fark!

Back