Which dupli-color red for Weber Redhead ??

javahog2002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok so I am considering painting the chipped spots on the 70's redhead.

Which dupli-color red engine paint is the best match ??

Ford Red

Chevy Orange-Red

Chrysler Industrial Red

Ruby Red

Red

Thanks for the help.

Tracy

Actually, Krylon makes a good match in a Grill and BBQ paint, but it won't last. Been there, done that. Any paint you try is going to go dull on you quickly, and IMO, look worse than just living with a few blemishes.

I just keep my old redhead polished, and look at the blemishes as "battle-scars."

CD

Actually, Krylon makes a good match in a Grill and BBQ paint, but it won't last. Been there, done that. Any paint you try is going to go dull on you quickly, and IMO, look worse than just living with a few blemishes.

I just keep my old redhead polished, and look at the blemishes as "battle-scars."

CD
I'm with Cd on this, i have two with "battle scars" and wont change them for nothing.

PM sent

But for those that are still wondering?? I use Dupli-Color Engine Enamel with Ceramic. It is rated at 500* #DE1653 RED

It will burn off the bottom of most kettles and turn black, but it covers the rust. I have never had an issues with it on any lids.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

You must realize it is just a cosmetic repair and it will eventually discolor under heavy use. But it is the best color match I have found off the shelf.

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

Go RED or stay home!

YMMV

This may sound crazy, but I also remember a post here where someone used wax. Brought the shine back out.

I'll use rubbing compound or Mequiars Mirror Glaze and Sealer to shine them up as well.

Back