2010 PNWBA Competition Schedule...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Looks like Left Hand Smoke will be doing about 13 comps this year including the Jack or the Royal (preferably the Jack )...what do you think swamp...look about right?

April 17 & 18: Pike Place Market BBQ Seattle, WA
May 15 & 16: Smokin' on the Columbia Astoria, OR
June 12 & 13: McKinley Springs BBQ Prosser, WA
June 19 & 20: Sedro Wooley - The Markets Sedro Wooley, WA
July 17 & 18: Birch Bay - The Markets Birch Bay, WA
July 24: Gold Dust Days Gold Bar, WA
July / Aug 31 & 1: Canadian National BBQ Championship Whistler, BC
August 7 & 8: Bellingham - The Markets Bellingham, WA
August14 & 15: Cascade Country BBQ Chehalis, WA
August21 & 22: Evergreen State BBQ Championship Duvall, WA
September 11 & 12: Skewered Apple BBQ Championship (Tree Top) Yakima, WA
September 18 & 19: BBQ on the Bypass Langley, BC
October...TBA...The Jack...or The Royal...

Dang you guys... That is just awesome. 13 comps, man. I need to move further west I think. I'm planning about 6 and I'm going to have to travel to 4 provinces and 2 states to pull that off. But looking forward to meeting you in Whistler (and the Jack or Royal :biggrin:)

Any of those contests KCBS?

Nope!

And I heard that Albany OR-the only KCBS event I've cooked may not happen this year. That leaves Grants Pass OR the only KCBS comp I know of in the Northwest.

Smitty- It would be fun to have you cook some PNWBA events.

I'd love to get back up there, really enjoy the area.

We try to compete for the CBBQA/KCBS ToY points. Not enough time to come up there and compete in a 3rd points race.

Never understood why you guys decided to do your own thing.

Good luck.

thats a good looking schedule! really excited about getting into the competition world. It'll be nice to meet a lot of you.

Can't wait to get out there under the stars and cook.

Ditto...:p

Looks like we'll be adding one more to our list at the end of August...:cool: The Rodeo at Linden, WA or the Oregon State Fair...we haven't decided yet...as I think they are on the same dates. :?:

Great lookin schedule! Hope to be able to make it out for a few!!

Edit: BTW - Hope your 2010 is as good or better than 09' was for ya! 3rd overall last year eh? Congrats!

May 15 & 16: Smokin' on the Columbia Astoria, OR

July 17 & 18: Birch Bay - The Markets Birch Bay, WA
August 14 & 15: Cascade Country BBQ Chehalis, WA

September 11 & 12: Skewered Apple BBQ Championship (Tree Top) Yakima, WA

We will see you guys at these events.. Sorry, we wont make the Duval competition I have a work conflict.

Add Oregon State Fair, Aloha Thriftway, and the Tigard Balloon Festival for us as well. 7 Events up from 3 last year.

See you guys soon on the BBQ trail :p

We will see you guys at these events.. Sorry, we wont make the Duval competition I have a work conflict.

Add Oregon State Fair, Aloha Thriftway, and the Tigard Balloon Festival for us as well. 7 Events up from 3 last year.

See you guys soon on the BBQ trail :p

Sounds like a plan Jesse...we may do the Oregon State Fair as well...not sure just yet. :cool: Lookin' forward to seeing you and your family again...:p

I'm really excited about the Skewered Apple BBQ Championship (sponsored by Tree Top) in Yakima, WA This will be advertised in the Bullsheet and is a $35,000 contest

I'm really excited about the Skewered Apple BBQ Championship (sponsored by Tree Top) in Yakima, WA This will be advertised in the Bullsheet and is a $35,000 contest

Sounds like it is going to be a top notch event. Hopefully thie prize money will draw alot of teams!

BTW Tigard is not on the Schedule this year.  <br>

Yes, I posted that before I got the updated schedule... I am looking forward to the spring training coming up, though! I am ready to Q!

Yousa!...:cool: Hey...I know you...welcome to the Brethren! :biggrin: Is your other half on here too?

KCBS comes to Bellevue WA?

Any of those contests KCBS?

I heard there will be a KCBS comp at Eastside Harley-Davidson in Bellevue, WA on May 22&23, but it still has not appeared on the KCBS Events calendar.
Left Hand Smoke will be all over that, if it happens!

I'm out for McKinley Springs, my son graduates from the University of Washington that weekend. Add the Lynden Roadeo and scratch OSF.

deena is right about the Skewered Apple BBQ Championships in Yakima, WA.
This event should be a BLAST! The crown jewel in the PNW!

Back