Think I'm gonna retire the old spit!

DC-Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well not completely, We'll keep it around, not gonna sell it or anything.
I just want to upgrade to something that requires a bit less work. I'm kinda spoiled by the simplicity of the Traegers.

So my 1st question is, when it comes to whole hog, in your opinion, what is the best cooker? Keeping in mind of course the "less work idea"! What ever I get will surely have a Guru or a Stoker on it. Which brings me to the 2nd question. Guru or Stoker?

Wow, over 80 views & no input from anyone, That has to be a 1st.

i have no idea so my advice would be less than worthless. i just looked to see if i could learn something. what are looking at as a replacement.??

I was thinking gravity feed. Maybe building one. But, after figuring in cost of material and time, my which is very valuable to me right now, I'm leaning towards a Stumps Platinum 5.
Big $ though.

Well not completely, We'll keep it around, not gonna sell it or anything.
I just want to upgrade to something that requires a bit less work. I'm kinda spoiled by the simplicity of the Traegers.

So my 1st question is, when it comes to whole hog, in your opinion, what is the best cooker? Keeping in mind of course the "less work idea"! What ever I get will surely have a Guru or a Stoker on it. Which brings me to the 2nd question. Guru or Stoker?

depends on person Hope This will help make your decision: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/stokerguru/stokerguru1.htm

Back