• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib ideas-show me yer stuff

jdub

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Today is "odd rib flavors day" (what did he say?)
I have 4 racks-2 bb and 2 spares.
I am in search of something totally out of the box for rub and/or glaze/sauce.
One will be garlic/soy/honey (kinda terryaki, but not really), one is a mango concoction i came up with last night (really sweet, hint of heat, its going to be wonderful on chicken, recipe to come!).
One will be traditional-in case it all goes to hell we have some dinner.
That leaves one.
inspire me boys! Something different to try. Not kinda different-WAY different.

I leave for the grocery in an hour.

How bout Tandoori or banana/peanut butter ribs ? :biggrin:

DM

My BIL has a Luau every summer and lsat year I cooked St. Louis spares glazed with pineapple juice that I had reduced on the stove until it was slightly thick. Not really that unusual as a flavor goes, but different on ribs.

Try a mango/habanero glaze. Get some mango nectar from the store. Should be in the Mexican foods section. Simmer with a diced habanero (just the fruit, no seeds or ribs). Brush on as a finish glaze. Mango and habanero is a great flavor pairing.

still trying to get the hang of the penalty box idea.
I am wondering if Trp1fox deserves a stay in the box for the "boiled" comment????

Hmmmm How about Thai Peanut Sauce/ Coconut Milk / Guiness / and a hint of Chipotle Pepper? ( simmered for a couple of hours of course in order for the sugars to carmelize)
Honestly that one just popped out of my head... any opinions?

I have been thinking about doing some Caribbean Jerk flavored ribs. I bet they would be killer!

I have been thinking about doing some Caribbean Jerk flavored ribs. I bet they would be killer!

do it, mon!

babybackribs-015.jpg

20jan07-014.jpg

i like painting my ribs with "peach pie glaze" shortly before pulling, give good flavor and adds a nice appearance

i like painting my ribs with "peach pie glaze" shortly before pulling, give good flavor and adds a nice appearance
"Peach pie glaze" - what exactly is that?
I live in peach country and we don't glaze pies.

Ain't Just for Pies

"Peach pie glaze" - what exactly is that?

i found this product at a discount food mart, bought all four of them @ buck a piece, don't know about pie making but does well as a glaze for ribs, apparently you can buy pie glazes in a fair amount of fruit types, thinking rhubarb might work,

Attachments

• P7270382.jpg
    P7270382.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 82
I listed this before but here it is again:

Sweet Island rub
Ingredients
3 Tbsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning (I use McCormick)
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on ribs (This will do 2 slabs)

Sweet Island Sauce
Makes about 2 1/2 cups

Ingredients
1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves (I cannot find these together so I use 1/2 cup of each)

3/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Directions
1.Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.

Apply as finishing sauce.

Sounds like a deal.
Never seen it, but maybe you can find it again.
If you see it again, let me know, I would to try it.

Back