Brisket PrOn

G

gpalasz

Well...I hope this works. This is my first time posting a pic. This is our brisket turn in from our second comp last weekend.

Attachments

• Brisket.jpg
    Brisket.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Brisket 2.jpg
    Brisket 2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 248
That looks like a rainbow of meaty goodness!! It looks like 1st place to me!!:-D The bark is killer as is the SR. Way to go.

There were 50 teams...I believe it was 17. My partner has the score sheets. We lost on presentation. As you can see, the lettuce looks like chit. Pulled up on the sides a bit. Brisket was very moist and tender. Chalk it up as learning experience. Here are the ribs, the ones on the sides screwed up the overall look I think. Pleased w/ the quality of the meat just...those little things will get ya.

Attachments

• Ribs.jpg
    Ribs.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 233
The meat looks really good, you just need to work on your presentation a bit and
you will be in there!

Try trimming the brisket prior to cooking so it fits in the box better.
Remember to allow for shrinkage.

The meat looks really good, you just need to work on your presentation a bit and
you will be in there!

Try trimming the brisket prior to cooking so it fits in the box better.
Remember to allow for shrinkage.

Good advice! Meat looks very good! :biggrin:

I agree...I had two briskys in my fridge, I grabbed the larger one. I like 10.5 lb range....think that would of been perfect. That brisky was about 13lbs. Im cooking the 10lber this weekend. On the presentation we took notes and feel comfortable w/ the adjustements we need to make. At the time your doing your box you think"man this looks perfect" Then youy see the pics the next day and you can really see where you need your improvements.

Looks dang good to me....I havent been able to do any smoking for too long....Im really wanting to have some.

I have NEVER cooked brisket that pretty. Dayum. And the ribs looked great too!

Yes....Flippin beautiful. I am goin to work on chicken and roll that skin around those thighs like that. I have seen that presentation B4. It is outstanding. We were at the very end(closest to the racetrack quarters) Had the big RV parked on an angle(right across from Somkedelic)

I will be a CBJ in June (hopefully :-D), but I can tell you now that brisket looks awesome! I know I will find out more at the judges class, but garnish to me, takes the focus off the food! Just my thoughts.

I don't know about that..I didn't even see the lettuce for the brisket looking that good! Looks awesome to me.

Yes....Flippin beautiful. I am goin to work on chicken and roll that skin around those thighs like that. I have seen that presentation B4. It is outstanding. We were at the very end(closest to the racetrack quarters) Had the big RV parked on an angle(right across from Somkedelic)

I guess we were at the opposite end, next to habitual smokers if you know where they were. I remember seeing a large aaaaaaaamotorhome come by as we were hooking up to leave. Maybe that was you.

I will be a CBJ in June (hopefully :-D), but I can tell you now that brisket looks awesome! I know I will find out more at the judges class, but garnish to me, takes the focus off the food! Just my thoughts.

I agree whole heartedly. I think they should do away with it. I hear that in Texas they don't allow it at a lot of comps.

Id like to see the garnish go as well....its all about the MEAT, who cares about parsley and lettuce? If anything it is a distraction from the meat.

Back