• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rednecked Ugly Drum Smoker

I've gotten rid of the cinder block base and have went mobile...
attachment.php

The bottom does get hot...maybe you could set yours on pavers.
Lower profile than cinder blocks.

N8Man -

Where did you score the cart to haul the drum?

N8Man -

Where did you score the cart to haul the drum?
Local Junkyard (and Daddy's Backyard) is where I get most of my metalscraps.
The DrumBuggy is made up of parts from 1 pressure washer deck,
2 push mower wheels w/ axles, and 1 piece of 5" wide, 1/4" thick, channel iron cut into two 6" lengths bolted to each of the rear sides of washer deck for mounting axles and wheels. When I get a chance I'll take a pic of Buggy sans Drum and post it.

The DrumBuggy is made up of parts from 1 pressure washer deck,
2 push mower wheels w/ axles, and 1 piece of 5" wide, 1/4" thick, channel iron cut into two 6" lengths bolted to each of the rear sides of washer deck for mounting axles and wheels. When I get a chance I'll take a pic of Buggy sans Drum and post it.
Ahh The Frankendrum! :biggrin:
Reminds me of
http://youtube.com/watch?v=59H4S-a8Wj4

Buggy Secrets Revealed

Here's the Breakdown of my Custom DrumBuggy:
buggy_overview.jpgbuggy_sideview.jpg
The Main Base of the Washer Deck was too narrow for Drum Support on each side so I cut the lip from the deck sides to accommodate addition of Channel Iron Extensions/Axle Mounts and bolted it securely to deck along with two larger shoulder bolts on either side that secure DrumPit to frame. The heads of the shoulder bolts lock down upon the outside lip of the Drum Bottom.
buggy_rearview.jpgbuggy_closeview.jpg
Keeping it nice and slip free when I lift up front of Buggy for travel.
attachment.php

If you're diligent enough you can find means to an end.

Dude if you had that in So Cal you could compete with the neighborhood guys who push around the Tamale and Ice Cream carts!

Is that the Cadillac you ride in when you are picking your women?:shock:
Don't have to pick e'm up with a pimphand like I got. Never had trouble pickin up porkers!:mrgreen: This is Q talk right!:icon_blush:

Gotta make me a cart... that way when momma kicks me out for spendin' too much time Q'ing, it'll be easy to load up and go!

OK... I needs to put some more thought in it....Im thinking the elements of:

Motorized Bar Stool, Cooler, MP3 Player, Shade Umbrella... any other forward thinkers out there? I think these are all essentials... now Im trying to visualize it Lifted High? or Low with Spinners?

Come on ... Who's got some Idears to throw on this one?

OK... I needs to put some more thought in it....Im thinking the elements of:

Motorized Bar Stool, Cooler, MP3 Player, Shade Umbrella... any other forward thinkers out there? I think these are all essentials... now Im trying to visualize it Lifted High? or Low with Spinners?

Come on ... Who's got some Idears to throw on this one?
I did think of melding the DrumPit with a Riding Lawnmower Chassis/Drivetrain,
But My Daddy didn't want to come up off of his John Deere Mower to help me realize my Vision.....ShortSightedness on his part I think....:biggrin:

hmmm Riding Mower...extra driven shaft = MARGARITA MIXER! Now we are Logging!

Who's up for a real collaboration? Ill start scrounging, I saw a lawn Tractor sitting at the "recycling center" a few months ago, they should be pretty easy to come up with..

Monster RedNecked Ugly Drum

Today I have the need for Fabrication!!! I went and extended my DrumPit a Foot in Height, taking a Donor Barrel and cutting the top section off at the rib,
making my 34.5" Drumpit into a 46.5" Monster RedNecked Ugly Drum!!!
I'm using my Lid Clamp to meld the two together so iff'n I want to use the Drumpit as was I have that option. I don't think I have any air leaks but won't know for sure until tomorrow when I fire it up for Easter Cooking.
Too_Tall_Drum1.jpgToo_Tall_Drum2.jpg
Gotta go to Lowes now and get some Stainless Bolts and another Cooking Grate.

Today I have the need for Fabrication!!! I went and extended my DrumPit a Foot in Height, taking a Donor Barrel and cutting the top section off at the rib,
making my 34.5" Drumpit into a 46.5" Monster RedNecked Ugly Drum!!!
I'm using my Lid Clamp to meld the two together so iff'n I want to use the Drumpit as was I have that option. I don't think I have any air leaks but won't know for sure until tomorrow when I fire it up for Easter Cooking.
View attachment 14201View attachment 14202
Gotta go to Lowes now and get some Stainless Bolts and another Cooking Grate.
Ok.....that's enough, I'm hooked.....gonna track down a drum this week! Cool lookin' smoker Nate:biggrin:

SUPERSIZE MOD!!!! Thanks for the pics. I'm sure you will keep us posted on how she runs. Whats on the Easter menu??

Paul

hmmm Riding Mower...extra driven shaft = MARGARITA MIXER! Now we are Logging!

Who's up for a real collaboration? Ill start scrounging, I saw a lawn Tractor sitting at the "recycling center" a few months ago, they should be pretty easy to come up with..

Don't forget going for the John Deere in the "Stretch Limo" mod....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now that's a sweet looking drum. You've taken the UDS to new heights...

Back