• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smokey Joe PLatinum...

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
ACE hardware is having a July fourth sale...49 bucks for a SJ platinum. Then you get 20 bucks rebate. 29 total. Getting one tomorrow for camping. Only on sale Friday and Saturday. Scott

You mean this one? It's only $19.

Weber® Smokey Joe® Platinum Grill
View Larger Image $19.99
$20 Mail-In Rebate
(Reg. $39.99)
thru Jun 30

• 18-1/2" diam., family size
• Porcelain on steel finish, inside and out

I use mine to burn off my excess gas I don't use in the mower in the Fall.

No real use to it, maybe camping, maybe.

Not as a grill though, unless your flying solo and don't cook with the lid.

When its not in use for burning gas, it spends the rest of the year as a van stop.

You pull into the garage until you hear the lid of the Smokey Joe hit the lower Town and Country bumper. Then you stop.

A van stop! Now thats funny!!

Showed it to my wife and she said if I cleaned the garage I could buy one and make it a Mustang stop....she is not so funny :roll:

I use mine to burn off my excess gas I don't use in the mower in the Fall.

No real use to it, maybe camping, maybe.

Not as a grill though, unless your flying solo and don't cook with the lid.

When its not in use for burning gas, it spends the rest of the year as a van stop.

You pull into the garage until you hear the lid of the Smokey Joe hit the lower Town and Country bumper. Then you stop.

Glad to see you've brought Celine Dion back as your avatar, Bill. She doesn't have her wig on though.

Glad to see you've brought Celine Dion back as your avatar, Bill. She doesn't have her wig on though.

That's because her old wig died. She hasn't had time to go to the wig farm and adopt a new one.

Y'all have your fun, but the little Smokey Joe can cook up a fine steak, a couple of chops, or a few pieces of chicken.

Great little grill for a quick dinner (or supper) for two if you do not want leftovers.

Back when I worshiped charcoal and chips/chunks, she was a handy little tool for the quick and easy cooks!
Rinse her out with a hose when you are done and ready to go again.

But.......just me :oops:

TIM

I was really looking for a unit to take camping with me. An 18 inch diameter will do burgers, chix, etc for me without difficulty. good for the camping trips, no need for it at the house. Scott

I use mine about like Tim said above. Found it on craigslist for $10.

Buy it...

~ Add the grate to the WSM as another cooking level
~ Use the lid as an 'empty pan' in the WSM (since it's really only a factory waterpan with a handle and vent attached)
~ Use the handle and top vent on a UDS
~ Use bowl as a firepit or empy beer can collector

Reverse synergy, err something.

Back