I'm changing all my analog therms to River Country

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Nothing against Tel Tru...i'm sure they're great but i'm very impressed w/ River Country. Easy to calibrate and super accurate....GREAT prices. TIFWIW but i'm changing out my off brands and ManLaw over to RC.

Does anyone like the Glow in Dark because that's what i'm considering for the others? Thanks

I can't speak for glow in dark on ones but river country customer service is A1 and make dependable thermometers.

Thank you.... good reviews and cheap price. I think I might just order one or two to try them out.

Love the RC therms. Especially for the price. Really accurate and easy to calibrate if they're off.

I didn't see a need for the glow in the dark, but it would look cool!!! I have the RC in my mini and it works great.

I put the glow in the dark on my Q100. Works great glows bright for about a 1/2 hour when you hit it with a flashlight for a minute. worth the $$

Thats what i use also.. RC right price, Accurate, had mine for over a year on my offset which stays outside 24/7

I have one of these on my UDS. It calibrated fine with boiling and freezing but is about 30 off in the 250 and higher range. :sad:

I have one of these on my UDS. It calibrated fine with boiling and freezing but is about 30 off in the 250 and higher range. :sad:

Put your Maverick or equivalent on your cooking grate and heat up your drum to your common cooking temp i.e 250. Calibrate your RC to the Mav and you'll be happy. Don't calibrate to freezing unless you cook at 32 degrees.

but how do you know that it is reading incorrectly at 250 + ?

I checked them against an Auber temp controller and a thermapen. I have a strain relief bushing installed and can just slide the probes in.

61Mtq2ZwDDL._SL1000_.jpg

Not even if I am "cold smoking"? :laugh:

Seriously JP ...from someone that cold smokes on a regular basis we don't cold smoke at 32 degrees:crazy: LOL, you know the average cold smoke is in the 50-80 degree range at ambient temps. I never knew a block of cheese that can accept smoke in a frozen state.

You know what i meant by calibrating at hot cooking temps....just trying to help you

Seriously JP ...from someone that cold smokes on a regular basis we don't cold smoke at 32 degrees:crazy: LOL, you know the average cold smoke is in the 50-80 degree range at ambient temps. I never knew a block of cheese that can accept smoke in a frozen state.

You know what i meant by calibrating at hot cooking temps....just trying to help you

I know. Just a joke. I appreciate the help.

Back