• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smoke & Pappy (pics) UPDATED

Mounted Fire Box

Welded on outer plate steel with 2" Roxul Mineral Wool insulation in between.
IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

Cutting trailer frame for fire box
IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

Fire Box finished
IMG_4339.jpg

Like A Glove
IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

Door fit up
IMG_4346.jpg

Hinges on
IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

Looks great but you guys may need a heavier trailer for that beast
It looks very heavy duty and well built

We have a Truck Tool Box made by Jobbox, that is going on the other side. Plus a bin for wood. It should balance the weight some on the trailer. The trailer has a 2000# axle and the frame has been beefed up for the smoker weight. It had some wheel vibration before the 400# fire box was welded in place. After it was installed, it pulled nice and smooth. Had it up to 65 mph without and vibration.

Just need the handle for the fire box door and it will be off to the sand blaser.

We got her finished up tonight. Ready for sandblasting and paint. We still have to make a fire basket and seal it up with high temp silicone gasket. Pappy will up load the pictures tommorow. Feels good to be close to cooking something on her.

man that looks good and i was getting all happy with the uds im builg.. yours is a lil bit better...

Mad props bro!!! You have mad welding skills!!! Sorry I got a little gangster because that build is coming along so nice. Cheers!

75 bucks is pretty dang cheap (around here) for a 120 gallon tank. I would love to find one at that price! Build looks awesome!

Can't wait to see her sandblasted and finished! Gonna be a beauty.

man that looks good and i was getting all happy with the uds im builg.. yours is a lil bit better...

That was how it started for us (Me & Huntin Smoke)............I had been looking at all of the UDS's and he talked me into building one. At the same time, He built his 80 gallon vertical smoker. It's fun to get ideas from everyones build and do your own build (UDS or Big Offset).

Alright, maybe I've asked this but I've got to ask again, where did you learn to weld so well and work with metal?! I have got to start learning ASAP, I can work with wood well since I'm building my own cabin to live in, but metal is where it's at.

Back