Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Skewers Ideas

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Okay gang,

I looking for something different to bring to Christmas Appetizer time. I'm already planning on some garlic and seasoned Tiger Shrimp in EVVO on three piece skewers. so I want to add some beef. I thought I found some a while back on the WEB, but it alludes me at this time. So, you folks are good at coming up with good stuff :loco: So here is my idea so far. Take a beef tenderloin and cut it lengthwise into a 1" or so strip. Lay it out on some wax paper and pound it down to about 1/4" maybe a bit more. then transfer this to some cling wrap. Layer in some Gorgonzola cheese and some other items, not defined yet and then roll the strip closed. Wrap in the cling wrap, tight, and put it in the fridge to setup. When done, take it out and slice into 1" pieces and cover with a short piece of thin sliced bacon. Thinking about wrapping over the exposed cheese to keep it in during cooking. Oh, the tenderloins would be marinated with S&P, EVVO, garlic and onion powder. Then slide these onto some three piece skewers and the fire up the grill. Thinking about doing a short precook on the bacon so it finishes with the beef. Comments, suggestions..................Thanks.:cool:

One problem I see is that anytime you stuff anything, you run the risk of transferring contaminants from the surface layer to the interior with the stuffing. This is the reason that stuffed anything is generally cooked well-done: to kill any baddies that have been transferred into the stuffing layer. The problem with beef tenderloin is that when it is cooked well done, it takes on a nasty flavor that resembles liver. If I'm cooking for others, I'm not going to take a chance.

Back