Lol

S

Smoke Ring

Sometimes it's really hard not to say I told you so.

KCBScore COMMITTEE REPORT - Mike Budai

I met with Carl of InDevX on 11/5 and was informed that due to medical reasons, Dejan (Score's programmer), has left InDevX and the project. We discussed options and met again 11/7 to go over Dejan's progress notes on the changes given to InDevX on 9/11. These changes dealt with program bugs, report structure and the API. I will be meeting with InDevX's CEO, James, 11/12 to go over the change order and discuss what kind of delay to expect in order to get a new programmer up to speed.

Sometimes it's really hard not to say I told you so.

KCBScore COMMITTEE REPORT - Mike Budai

I met with Carl of InDevX on 11/5 and was informed that due to medical reasons, Dejan (Score's programmer), has left InDevX and the project. We discussed options and met again 11/7 to go over Dejan's progress notes on the changes given to InDevX on 9/11. These changes dealt with program bugs, report structure and the API. I will be meeting with InDevX's CEO, James, 11/12 to go over the change order and discuss what kind of delay to expect in order to get a new programmer up to speed.

So who on the board has a personal connection to this company?

Seems like 25 years...

That's just the latest incarnation. That's not counting the previous debacle that was going to cost $70,000. Of course with all the delays and change orders from KCBS InDevX is probably up to that by now. This is the second time they have lost the programmer working on it. I guess they only employ one programmer at a time.

Wow.

I'm just a network engineer/datacenter guy, but I work on a lot of product development projects that are a heck of a lot more complex than this. Based on that experience, I just can't imagine how something like a scoring system should take longer than six months at max if properly managed. Has it really been going on for 18+ months?

I work at an IT consulting firm. I am not trying to sell our services to KCBS or anyone on this board, I am just saying in my 9 years in this industry, haven't seen such a small task take so long to complete. Losing an employee should not deter the project, the firm should have people in place to resume the work - its called a contingency plan. This does not seem like rocket science work. I am not behind closed doors with KCBS to know the specifics, but building a scoring system seems like an average task, at best, which should be completed in weeks, not months.

Yup. I would expect my guys to knock this out in a few weeks. (plus testing etc). Data Integration is our game (INFA). Manage, Analyze, Architect, Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Operate. It's called a methodology. When an employee leaves, the knowledge transfer burden falls to the vendor, not the customer. It's called an 'execution discount'.

Apparently there are a lot of IT guys here that also like to BBQ! :)

I could have written it for a TI-86.

also there are lots of IT type guys in bbq...though seems like most of them are hardware guys.

I could have gone back to college for a masters in computer programming, and could finish it before they do. Isn't 70k what they pay for rent of the kcbs Building?:doh: must be the same person setting it up.

I'm new to KCBS, within the past year, so I'm not sure what is entailed here. I want to jump on the bandwagon and I'm sure I will, but what's the background here and what is involved in this project?

Back