Dutch Oven Corn Bread and Stew

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I cooked up some corn bread and stew yesterday and thought I would post some pics. The corn bread recipe is one that my family enjoys. The corn bread is on the sweet side with a cake like texture.

This recipe is also gluten free. You can use wheat flour based ingredients too if you prefer.

I took a package of sweet corn bread mix, an equal amount of yellow cake mix, mixed in two eggs, a can of creamed corn, some melted butter, a chopped poblano pepper, and enough milk to give it a cake batter consistency. Then, I poured it into a pre-heated/buttered dutch oven and put it on the CG Outlaw until it was done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

Oh I'd hit that hard, There is a slight resemblance between you and the EX MIL:p:laugh:

Looks great! I prefer my cornbread on the sweet side also.
On a side note, I wasn't expecting the cameo appearance by Frankie, you got me to do a double take.

I had to look at the black pot twice to see that it was charcoal on top of the lid to give it heat from the top I suppose.

Thanks for sharing the cornbread recipe - that cake like texture is amazing...not a huge fan of a fist full of crumbs.

Back