New Meat Grinder

bander7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was a very concerned after the first half pound of meat went through my brand new meat grinder. It was clogging and performing terrible. I have to stop it three times to unclog the grinding plate. :tsk: I was thinking I had completely wasted my money on a crappy meat grinder when I just realized I had forgot to put the cutting blade in.:frusty: :crazy:

I was basically just shoving meat through the holes in the grinding plate without actually grinding the meat. After a qick fix, it worked like a charm.
:clap2:

:doh: I hate it when that happens. :-D

So, your wife was not there to tell you how to do it. :doh: You didn't read the instructions and tried to do it yourself. :frusty:

I did that once myself however it can't even say it was the first time using the grinder. I was feeling like crap and just got done doing a ton of yard work in 90° heat when i was kindly reminded by my girlfriend that it was time to get diner going. It was honestly the last thing on my mind at the time but i picked my exhausted arse off the couch, i guess a 2 minute rest was good enough, to get grinding for burgers. I was not in a good mood then the grinder was acting up and not wanting to grind the meat. WTF!!!!! Took me a couple minutes to take it apart to find out whats up then realized i forgot the knife. Whoops!!! Still didn't make me any happier but learned a valuable lesson that day: A grinder is useless without the knife. So i feel your pain.

So, your wife was not there to tell you how to do it. :doh: You didn't read the instructions and tried to do it yourself. :frusty:

Exactly. The instructions were in a plastic bag. When I took them out of the box, I tossed them on top of the fridge, where they will never be seen or found again.

My thought process was something like this:

"Okay, there's the on button and the off button. What else is there to know. No need to read the instructions."

Did the same thing with my KA grinder making burgers a couple weeks ago. Thought the stupid thing was broken. Swore up and down and had the wife on the phone getting ready to order carry out before I realized my mistake. It was far from the first time I'd used it.

Don't feel badly. Everybody's entitled to a little brain fog now and then. Glad you got it working again. :wink:

Wow, and I thought I was the only one stupid enough to try and grind meat without a blade. That's what makes this place great.

I was a very concerned after the first half pound of meat went through my brand new meat grinder. It was clogging and performing terrible. I have to stop it three times to unclog the grinding plate. :tsk: I was thinking I had completely wasted my money on a crappy meat grinder when I just realized I had forgot to put the cutting blade in.:frusty: :crazy:

I was basically just shoving meat through the holes in the grinding plate without actually grinding the meat. After a qick fix, it worked like a charm.
:clap2:

As the comedian says, "Here's your sign, be sure and wear it!":loco:

Anybody can make it work the correct way. Sounds like a challenge to me.

Ahh, your good. When you start finding laundy in the oven and your keys in the fridge, then you should start to worry. :)

Back