Contest Announcment Frostbuster BBQ 2012 (calling Iowa teams and Judges)

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi all -
Its that time of the year for the 3rd annual Frostbuster BBQ held in Colo, Ia. This is a great chance to get to practice before the season really gets underway. Also, it's a great chance for new teams and judges to "get thier feet wet"

Heres a link to more information and an entry form. Hope to see you there.
Hurry though.. we limit this to 12 teams and 6 or signed up so far. We still need judges.

Frostbuster 2012

Folks - this is the ultimate "meet & greet" between judges & cooks! Judges are ENCOURAGED to come out & "fraternize" both Friday evening & Saturday morning, right up until it's time for the judges' meeting and that's when the cooks start building boxes. It's all judged just like a sanctioned comp except for two things: 1) All of your entries are judged by the same table; and 2) The judges give you your scores eye to eye / verbally.
It's a real learning experience for both cooks and judges. This is the third annual contest & this will be my third time there :thumb:. I'll have my fifth wheeler there flying my Brethren banner.

Thanks guys for coming back. And thanks for the kind words Dave.

As of today, we have room for only 4 more teams and could use a few more judges. If you have any time in or schedule, I'm sure it will be worth your while to give this a shot.

Ray

Ray,
I'm signed up and looking forward to it, but if the oppertunity arises for a newbie judge needing the expierience I would give up my spot. I will still be there and would lend a hand elsewhere.
Ed

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Are visitors welcome? I know my cooker wont be ready but I'd like to meet some of you and see some more of how comp cookin is done.

This sounds like an awesome event. I wish I could commit to something 3 months from now.

Are visitors welcome? I know my cooker wont be ready but I'd like to meet some of you and see some more of how comp cookin is done.

Sure is Phil! In fact, if you want to come help, that would be awesome too. We could always use help with the judging area on Saturday. But feel free to come out on Friday night too for the crappy beer night and chili feed.
Hope to see you there.

Ray

Back