• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What Do You Do When You Need BBQ Products

I wish all of you lived close to the MD/PA area. Thanks for everyone’s responses.

Probably more than 90% online, including both of my WSMs, both of my OTGs, one of my gassers, and almost all of my rubs and sauces.

I can shop the world in a matter of minutes while enjoying my morning coffee.

Steve,

Good luck with your decision. I am a small business owner in Frederick and we just moved to a new location a couple of weeks ago.

Bryan

Steve,

Good luck with your decision. I am a small business owner in Frederick and we just moved to a new location a couple of weeks ago.

Bryan
Thanks. With the prices of commercial space in our area it is hard to pass up.

I will hit my local BBQ pro shop as a first choice, but, I also use internet sales. I do like some of the Brethren products, fortunately I can get them locally. Other products I would like to use, I would be more inclined to try them if I could get them locally.

If there was a local supply type store (something i've been thinking of venturing into) I'd buy there, instead I'm stuck with online buys and the box stores....if they have what I need.

We looked at the place again tonight. Looks like it will work out.

My next step is to get with the town to make sure I meet their parking space requirement and have zoning approve the artwork for our signs.

Mostly on-line for those specialty items, but I like Lowes and HD (get a 10% mil discount). Don't like wally world too much and specialty stores in this area are really proud of their products, if you know what I mean. If its something I need built (like my upcoming UDS) I got redneck buddies who will do anything for a case of beer, that I find is the best bargain yet, just my .02

Sam's, Restaurant Depot, Sysco. Sometimes online or at a specialty shop if it something odd equipment-wise (i.e. Thermapen).

But we run a restaurant and make our own injections, rubs and sauces from scratch, so I'm probably not your target consumer.

Right now, mostly online, but that is just due to local availability for what I need.

In almost every case, for almost everything, I prefer to go to a local mom and pop over a large chain or online, if I can. I'd rather help someone I know and build a rapport with keep their doors open over some large chain that couldn't give two craps about me.

I go to the local Home Hardware for some of my supplies (firebrick, trays, etc), as they are the closest thing to a mom and pop (at least, compared to Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc). If there was a small specialty store with someone passionate about Q running it nearby, I'd go to that.

Phil

I'm fortunate to have two local BBQ specialty shops owned and operated by Brethren so I'm happy to do my shopping with them. If there's something they don't carry I'll check online. I'm not a Wal-Mart shopper.

Back