What Do You Do When You Need BBQ Products

5-0 BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I need some advice from the Brethren:

With the current economy the way it is there are some great deals on commercial properties. There are two properties in my area that my wife and I are looking at. We are thinking about moving a portion of our current BBQ Supply business into one, to be able to accommodate walking sales and to have a showroom. In our current location due to zoning we can only run the internet end of things.

With that said I would like to know how do you purchase you BBQ supplies; online, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, a specialty store?

I regards to this tread I am not looking for financial advice.

I do a little of all but prefer to shop in the BBQ specialty stores.

mainly on line but I would go to a store if one was close by. keith

I need some advice from the Brethren:

With the current economy the way it is there are some great deals on commercial properties. There are two properties in my area that my wife and I are looking at. We are thinking about moving a portion of our current BBQ Supply business into one, to be able to accommodate walking sales and to have a showroom. In our current location due to zoning we can only run the internet end of things.

With that said I would like to know how do you purchase you BBQ supplies; online, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, a specialty store?

I regards to this tread I am not looking for financial advice.

I use them all...

Like said above, all of the above. I'm in a fairly rural location and without online
I'd have no access to many of the products that we use regularly.

We have a local shop that sells just about everything from propane, fireplaces, grill and smoker to supplies. I like to buy my stuff there, it's kinda fun to "hang" out with others, kinda like the old hardware store. I do however buy most of my spice online, really because they don't carry what i like, although they are thinking about it.

Most of the above. The lone exception is Walmart. Just can't bring myself to walk into one of those places. Scary in there. Internet purchasing is certainly the #1 spot as there is such a huge variety and availability. The local specialty stores are very limited in the consumables department, rubs and sauces etc. Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops at 60 to 80 miles away are visited only when going by them for another purpose. Just saying.

Not so much bbq related, but answer to your question. I will drive a few miles out of hte way to goto the local Bass Pro Shop before ordering stuff online. I do this because in general their prices seem to be good and they typically stock everything there thats in their catalog/online. I would rather see things up close before buying

so yes, I would goto a speciliaty store before shopping online. But if the prices are to high, I'll go back home and order.

Not so much bbq related, but answer to your question. I will drive a few miles out of hte way to goto the local Bass Pro Shop before ordering stuff online. I do this because in general their prices seem to be good and they typically stock everything there thats in their catalog/online. I would rather see things up close before buying

so yes, I would goto a speciliaty store before shopping online. But if the prices are to high, I'll go back home and order.
I would keep prices the same as our site. Also the Brethren Discount would apply to both the store and the web-site.

Pretty much all of the above, like others said. For basic supplies, I shop locally, stuff like charcoal, wood, even some rubs/sauces (I am lucky to have a huge selection of quality stuff here). I also get rubs and sauces online, I especially go out of my way to try every Brethren product I can and most of them are available online. I have bought cookers from local shops and online. Most of my gadgets have come from either online or at the chain stores. My cast iron stuff comes from local shops, there's a military surplus place here that has an amazing collection of cast iron cookware, everything you could ever imagine. Pretty much, I get it locally if it's easy to find and at a good price, otherwise I go online for a good deal.

I buy about 90% of my stuff online but would LOVE to have a local BBQ store -- Lowe's and WalMart have the occasional hardware thingy but a STORE would have rubs, sauces, cookers, supplies, pellets, tools, books, gadgets, and friendly folks to chat with about BBQ!

Back